Pellets And Loose Stool - Bad Mix ?

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I've been using Feline Fresh Clumping litter, which I believe is the best I've tried so far. But, with three cats, two of which are excavators, there has been a lot of fine light colored dust blanketing the apartment. And if it gets damp the pine dust cakes on surfaces.
There is no perfect litter, I know. However, I want to keep searching. I thought I would try a pellet litter.
One of my guys is FIV and most of his bowel movements are liquid-like and loose. I would imagine that because of this I should not use pellets, but I've been reading so many stories and reviews and discussions that contradict each other. Should I rule out the pellets?

FrogQueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been using pine pellets with my new kittens. They had soft stools and diarrhea for a few days, and it was really messy. Personally, I would not recommend pellets for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I will stay away from pellets. The grass seed litters sound good, but I've seen complaints about bugs which are scaring me off. I'm prepared to try some different litters. The first one I'll try is Integrity Multi cat Clumping.
The thing that gets me is how all these companies advertise 98 and 99% dust free and then you see so many complaints about dust.

NoonChi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I literally just started pine pellets and my cat has diarrhea for the first time in almost 4 years.im sure it's a food issue so it's no big thing we are working on it. Anyways 2 days now I believe he's been using this and even w the diarrhea it's fine. But I also always stay on top of it. Idk what you ended up choosing. So far I enjoy this mess over the litter mess. Iv never used anything other then clumping litter. So even just after 2 days I'm enjoying this much better. When he pees it's the neatest thing lol it turns into saw dusts and tho I'm not use to the smell it's not a bad smell its just new and I don't mind it. Anyways idk if you apart of this site anymore but wanted to kinda throw my opinion out there.