Found The Best Natural Litter So Far.

sjoh197

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, with three cats and a small apartment, good litter is a necessity. I have experimented with almost every litter imaginable and have finally settled on a good one. So Phresh, the Petco brand, came out with a grass-seed litter that has the best clumping of any natural litter I've ever used, but the odor control was only so-so.
I had been using the Blue Buffalo walnut litter and while I liked the odor control, the clumping wasn't that great and it would leave bits of soiled litter behind. I found by mixing the two that I got the best of both worlds. I do a 50/50 mix of the walnut and grass-seed liter. It's awesome and all natural with no dusty side products. Best natural litter I've ever used. Just thought other's might like to know.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you shared! It can be so frustrating trying to find the perfect balance!

What does the So Phresh grass seed litter feel like texture wise?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sjoh197

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It reminded of the texture of world's best litter, but a little bit lighter.

Tiggerbugsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Of course we and our cats are all different and have different needs, preferences, etc. but seems I've tried just about every natural litter over the last ten year looking for one that was the healthiest for my guys that they liked the feel of. I was set on Worlds Best for some years but ever the researcher I do not like that some folks had issues with it and to me it was too dusty for my linking. I tried walnut but after researching more was less thrilled plus my guys weren't thrilled...they missed the feel of Worlds Best. After lots of searching I found SmartCat on Amazon. For us, it's litter perfection! Even the natural smell of the litter I like... very light cereal smell! Clumps, no dust. Like Worlds Best it does leave you with little pieces outside box but I use a towel at a litter mat. Oh, and it's very lightweight.

kritterkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, with three cats and a small apartment, good litter is a necessity. I have experimented with almost every litter imaginable and have finally settled on a good one. So Phresh, the Petco brand, came out with a grass-seed litter that has the best clumping of any natural litter I've ever used, but the odor control was only so-so.
I had been using the Blue Buffalo walnut litter and while I liked the odor control, the clumping wasn't that great and it would leave bits of soiled litter behind. I found by mixing the two that I got the best of both worlds. I do a 50/50 mix of the walnut and grass-seed liter. It's awesome and all natural with no dusty side products. Best natural litter I've ever used. Just thought other's might like to know.
I just started using So Phresh grass seed and agree, it's wonderful except for the lack of good odor control. I was using a lightweight clay before, but with a cat that pees on the side of the box or hits the bottom, it would turn to slime and have to be scraped off. The So Phresh pops right off the sides and bottom, almost like it's rubber, and I love that. It leaves absolutely nothing behind on the box. Have you had any experience with your mixture reacting to clumps on the sides and bottom? I would love to try the combo but don't want to go back to scraping gooey stuff off the box, not fun. Thanks!

kritterkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm glad you shared! It can be so frustrating trying to find the perfect balance!

What does the So Phresh grass seed litter feel like texture wise?
This litter is very light, and does track a lot. I just received (but haven't unboxed yet) some now side entry litter boxes that I'm hoping will help with that. My cat who wouldn't take at all to World's Best or Swheat Scoop took to the grass seed right away.

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, with three cats and a small apartment, good litter is a necessity. I have experimented with almost every litter imaginable and have finally settled on a good one.
I also use Blue walmut shell litter .My biggest issue is that it covers everything in the vicinity with red dust and turns white paws red as well.
I hadn’t been down the litter aisle in a while because I’d been ordering from Chewy but I just saw the grass seed litter and was wondering if anybody had feedback.
My concern with it is that my female has a lot of environmental allergies. If she’s allergic to grass, would this litter irritate her?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also use a grass litter, and i love it. when i used clay it bothered my husband, who has asthma and allergies. My white cat always sneezed and has watery eyes, a few of the others coughed and sneezed a fair amount too. I was worried about the grass and allergies too. However i think its only the starch part they use? I have used grass litter in a few boxes, and Dr. elsey's Respiratory relief silica crystals in a few boxes for over a year now. Husband has no problems, and cats are much better, no watery eyes, sneezing and coughing. I love the grass litter. I will mention, when i first used the grass litter one of my cats liked to taste it when i would put down a clean box. vet said as long as he wasn't making a meal of it no problems. He only did this with a clean box, and for a few weeks, then he stooped.