Peeing More On Wet Food

smosmosmo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been introducing wet food into my cat's diet for the past three weeks - for first week and a half I gave her shreds in gravy that had been diluted with water, then figured out that she'll finish her food if it's completely pureed. So for the past week and a half she's been finishing about 4-6 oz of wet food diluted with ~3 tsp of water per day, then grazing on about a 1/4 cup of kibble every 24 hours.

Before this she was fed only dry food, and peed golfball (or slightly larger) sized pees 2-3 times per day. She's now up to peeing 3-4 times a day, and her pees are about the size of a tennis ball. I'm really happy about this, because we had a couple weeks where she was peeing less than usual or doing unusually small pees. Her bowel movements are also much more regular and less smelly so she's making great progress!

What changes did you notice in your cat's peeing habits once you switched to wet food? I'm curious what others' experiences have been like.

Last edited:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats eat both wet and dry food. some days more wet, some days more dry. I can tell the difference in size of pees when they eat more wet, they do have larger pees.

Glad your girl is doing so well!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cat utterly refuses to eat wet food...to the point that I give in when hepatic lipidosis is a real possibility. However, from my reading here and other research, I do know that cats on wet food tend to pee more, as they are taking in more water.

Jludwick78

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat peed more, I’m guessing due to more water being in the food, which is a good thing. She also pooped much smaller. The wet food doesn’t have all that filler garbage in it.