• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Billy brings my Tolly :angel: to mind. Tolly loved ALL other cats. :rbheart:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Time for a Pawley update. :D

I can't remember when we last closed the cage doors. :)

BUT..... those essence things that Ellen put together for Sheldon and Pawley? I wondered how I'd know if they did anything. I have my answer: what happens when they run out. ;)

Within three days of finishing the bottles, Pawley, who had completely stopped attacking / stalking / ambushing cats in boxes was back at it. Sheldon and Pawley, who still postured at each other, had stopped everything - other than posturing at each other. Sheldon had completely stopped stalking Pawley, and really paid not much attention to him. He is actively stalking him again, and I am breaking up fights. At least I can do so now with clapping loudly and stomping towards them, so no more cat bites ( ;) ). But I'm going to have to say.... I don't know why or how the essence thingies altered ALL of that, but we will know within a few days if they do, because new bottles are due to arrive .... hopefully today. :lol3:

Pawley really doesn't use the litter box in his cage much any longer, he uses the other boxes. The OTHER cats use the box in his cage now. :lol3: He spends most of the time out of his cage - and is at a "stall" as far as exploring the RV goes. He's got his comfort zones. That's OK. His "territory" doesn't include the bedroom yet - getting past that scary bathroom door is a step he's yet to take. ;)

My chest is covered in scratches as I now work on picking Pawley up. I put him down almost immediately, and give him a treat. But it's a process. He doesn't mind being touched - all over. He reacts to a belly rub (and gently says "No more!") - but sometimes enjoys them briefly. His skin no longer ripples when you touch him on the back, so he's really come a loooooooong way! :)

He does generally spend the night in "his" bed in the cage. But it's a choice, because the doors remain open. I do worry a little bit about removing the cage - he LOVES to play in there, and the sides of the cage keep the toys (mostly) contained. :lol3: Though when he accidentally tosses one out the door, he will usually (if he's in serious play mode) run out the cage and down to the floor to keep playing with it. :lol3:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just thinking of Pawley yesterday and going to post today hoping for an update so perfect timing!!  I am happy to hear things are going a bit better.  I was the same way with the essences I use for Marvin.  How would I know they were really working and things just hadn't gotten better on their own??  Well, same as you, when the bottle was empty, it all went down hill and it took exactly 3 days.  I often find that with deep seated issues, I have to use the essences for a number of months.  Hopefully your bottle arrives today!!

Thanks for the update and I look forward to more Pawley news!!

sweetthangtx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always love to hear about Pawlsy and his antics. I suspect that he had not had much experience with other cats in a social setting. I have a colony cat that has no social graces with other cats. He is getting a little,e better now.

Don't you wish their was a feline "finishing " school that he could attend ? I guess he is doing that now. In a way. But. It is a school of hard knocks.

Best to all if you. Hugs to all of your fur babies. Keep us posted. :nod::nod:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY a PAWLEY update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb: And from the sounds of it, things are going fairly well BUT you NEED those essences and hopefully by this writing they have come to the rescue. I am SO sorry about the scratches on your chest now that you have progressed to the trying to pick him up stage. There is always another stage in this whole process and this is an important one. It is different for all cats when it comes to picking up. Perla just in the last year has allowed me to pick her up and snuggle her. Hey - it only took almost three years. I hated that I had to run her down, sneak up on her, etc. to get her into a crate for a vet visit. Presley is still one that will scratch and dig his claws into me when I am holding him. I actually use Muprocin ointment on my scratches and it works extremely well. Getting scratched just comes with the territory, I guess. ;) :rolleyes:

Also, sounds like the cage has become a popular spot for all of the kitties and HEY - they are SHARING !!!!!! I love hearing about how much Pawley loves his toys too. I really DO get a bit teary eyed thinking of where he came from and how far you and Gary have come with this boy. :heart3: :touch: You truly are both angels to the kitties AND you have never given up on any of them no matter what they throw at you. You just work through these issues and these problems and are proof that taking a few steps back is how you get those few steps forward. Something we can all learn from here. :nod: :bigthumb: :high5:

:cross: for those essences to arrive and do their magic on settling the boys back down. :vibes:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They didn't arrive yesterday! :(

And he's spending more and more time in his cage. He didn't come down to eat breakfast in his eating spot this morning. That's OK - it avoids the interaction. But.... I want him comfortable again. (He was his normal, tail-wagging, excited self! Just .... being more passive than aggressive. :heart2: ).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The instructions this time just said 1 application of the essences a day. Well.... I couldn't do it. I've been giving them both their drops twice a day and adding to their water. I will drop it down to once a day after a week - we're FINALLY starting to see the improvement. Pawley was full-out going after cats in boxes, and the scrapping between Shel and Pawl wasn't .... pleasant. We're day 5.5 into the essences, and seeing a major improvement.

*phew*

:lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ONCE daily ???!!!! Is she nuts???!!! :flail: Just as I would have done - the twice daily till things become more stable. ;) YAY - that you are seeing some improvement. NOW - note to self - never run out of those essences. :lol2: I am actually trying Wendall on Jackson Galaxy's Spirit Essence - Bully..... :mad: BOY - is Wendall having major grouchy "take it out on Perla and/or the dogs" days. Which as you know, with Perla being sick, :bawling: makes momma VERY angry and sad.

:cross: :cross: :cross: that things at your place settle down and become permanently peaceful.

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dose 2-4x a day when things are bad and then wind down slowly.  I dose in water, food and sometimes a few drops on my hands and then rubbed onto the animal.  Three of my 6 animals are on flower essences daily.  Marvin the territorial aggressive boy is on a mixture, Misty my dog is on a mixture and my latest feral is on Scardy Cat from Spirit Essences.  I tried Feral Cat Rehab and it did nothing for him. 

Hopefully improvement will continue and you will have your happy household again. 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ONCE daily ???!!!! Is she nuts???!!! :flail: Just as I would have done - the twice daily till things become more stable. ;) YAY - that you are seeing some improvement. NOW - note to self - never run out of those essences. :lol2: I am actually trying Wendall on Jackson Galaxy's Spirit Essence - Bully..... :mad: BOY - is Wendall having major grouchy "take it out on Perla and/or the dogs" days. Which as you know, with Perla being sick, :bawling: makes momma VERY angry and sad.

:cross: :cross: :cross: that things at your place settle down and become permanently peaceful.

lrosewiles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, six weeks vacation without much internet and I've missed so much.  Laurie, oh so sorry such problems with Pawley, and he is so handsome.  I do hope things improve.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Time for a Pawley update. ;) He has found his way into the bedroom! :clap: He doesn't spend much time in there yet, and doesn't sleep there yet. But he will hang out on the bed - he's fascinated with the TV at times. (So cute!).

He's not attacking other kitties in the litter box much. He still does it once in a while to Flowerbelle. :( He alternates between bopping Billy and licking him once or twice. :lol3: Billy isn't scared of him, and won't give up (I'm pretty sure!). :D

As he hasn't needed a "time out" in .... a really long time (knock wood!), we've decided the first step is to remove the litter box from his cage. He doesn't use it much - it's mostly Tuxie using it.

And while the cage helps contain his toys when he's playing / tossing them around, he plays plenty outside of the cage now - and runs to continue playing with them when he flips them out the open door. He's using the cat trees at times (a little tentatively, but loves hanging out in the treehouse).

Not sure how long it'll be, but the next step will be to remove the cage - leave everything else in place.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Such a beautiful special boy! Way to go Pawley!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: :jump: :D :D :bigthumb: HAPPY HAPPY update. This is just so awesome, Laurie. How extremely rewarding it HAS to be to see how well Pawley has adjusted to living indoors. Sure, there are those expected bumps in the road, but you and Gary handled them quite well and just kept going. Even your "gang" has handled the bumps quite well too. LOVE LOVE the pictures of Pawley and seeing him acting like a "normal" happy (and healthy, shiny :happy3:) kitty. :heart3: :clap::clap::clap: I have a giant smile on my face from this great news.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So we haven't removed the cage yet. We should. But he loves playing in there, and even though all three doors are open, it does help stop the toys from flying over the edge of the table. :lol3: When really in a groove, he will run down to the floor to continue playing. :)

He has finally made his way into the bedroom and onto the bed! Because his cage takes up most of the living room, we generally sit up on the bed with laptops.

So last night we're in bed, to sleep, and Pawley joined us! He started out on my feet, then snuggled in and stretched out between us. Just stretched out and lay there purring. :heart2: