Paw pads...

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat lovers!!

We have 3 cats... One, a beautiful young lady Maine Coon called Mia, has amazing paw pads!!

All the paw pads on 3 of her 4 legs are all black...

The 4th is mixed between pink and black.., it's so sweet!! I guess it's just as genetic and random as any kittens fur colouring from their genetics and patents...

Just wondering if this is common or not?!

Here is Mia during an exceptionally busy day:

Don't worry though, she woke up and got loads of really important stuff done later on that day:

Here is her mixed colour paw pad:

Curious to see other cats!

Big smiles, Clare [emoji]128578[/emoji]

sapphira80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't figure out why I can't upload pics from my iPhone, but I tried. I just took pictures of my kitten's toes as they are the exact same... some pink some black.

Mia is beautiful btw. I love all that luscious fur! I bet she's a joy to pet. My boys are both short haired.

I think mixed color toes are fairly common but not as common as all one color. Pink toes seem to occur with the white spotting gene in cats (which gives them white mittens/boots, bins, blazes, tummies, etc.), so if they have white fur around the toes their more likely to have pink toes.

Thanks for sharing your pics. I wish I could get as comfortable at night as your cat looks in that pic, lol!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mia seems to be a tortie (possibly diluted tortie), so that is surely why the paws are a little funny colored.  Because she carries both red and black.   And also some white thrown in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sapphira80 thanks for the reply, that's great to hear your cat is similar, yes Mia is a joy to stroke and pet, we brush her at least once a week, she is so insanely bendy hahaha!! And fluffy!! She was literally in a circle once in a box, she has to immediately guard all new boxes haha!! she's like yoga cat, so flexible and then she just falls asleep like its the most natural thing in the world!! Cats are so funny!!

Stefan, thanks too for the reply, I had a hunt and here is Mias mother:

And

She has an amazing mane around her neck doesn't she?! So mia clearly gets the orange bits from her.... Do ginger cats have pink paw pads??

Here is her father:

And

He was such a sweet friendly cat!! I'm still amazed at how soft Maine Coons fur is. He was mostly grey but maybe carrying the Tortie gene somewhere?

Mia doesn't have any white other than a tiny bit on her chest in the middle of the ginger bit!

Here's a photo of mia as a kitten before we got her!! When she was around 7/8 weeks old I think, not sure how old she was in this photo :

And

[emoji]128578[/emoji][emoji]128578[/emoji]

It's beautiful the way cats colours develop and combine from parents. I think all are beautiful and special.

Our boy Mojo is white and tabby and has all black paw pads :

We are trying to remember if he had pink paw pads when he was younger!

I enlarged another photo of him, maybe he was born with pink paw pads and then they turned black as he got older? They look pinky black in this photo!

Love to hear your thoughts and see photos of your cats!

Love and hugs, Clare x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw thanks tabby tom [emoji]128578[/emoji] It was lovely to be able to meet both parents! [emoji]128578[/emoji]