Part or full Egyptian Mau

spottedsully

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, I am wondering if my kitten in part or full Egyptian Mau. I had no idea that Egyptian maus existed until today and had always thought he was just an exoticly coloured domestic shorthair. What little research I have done seems to pretty much fit him to a tee! He does love water, highly active and playful and definitely seems to have an above average intelligence much like our old cream point Birman.

IMG]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The most probable is he is a beautiful domestic, a shorthair spotted tabby with white.  Spotted tabby tuxedo if you wish.    Egyptian maus arent that common... In Sweden for example we do have only a couple  Maus registered.  So unless you live  in Egypt, or something, the probability he is a Mau mix isnt big.   (Yeah, we had once a poster, whom after a exchange of posts, did admitted she did live in Egypt - and thus, her spotted tabby was almost surely one of the legendary Maus, although adopted from streets.  In Egypt their natural breed Mau does often live on the streets)

Spotted tabbies arent the most common in USA and Europe, but they arent that rare.

But I understand your question, he is a nice look alike.   :)