Parkland Pet Portable Foldable Playpen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. It's up. Sorry I was resting my injured foot and ribs.

Now to figure out how to lure Shaman into the playpen without Cooper wanting to investigate. I tried zipping him up in "his" tent to eat but he scurried out quickly.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. Cooper must know something is up. He's keenly watching the basement door. I should buy him one of those puzzle feeders to keep him busy while getting Shaman into the playpen so she can eat.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is scared of the playground and now she's also scared of me. What can I do about a cat that's skittish over everything? Here I thought that I had succeeded in gaining her trust and this happens. :(

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a cat living outdoors has to be cautious, especially when it comes to going into an enclosed space. Put her food near the door, and hopefully she'll gradually get used to it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I know but why is she suddenly scared of me? She's nothing like her brother used to be when he was here. The minute I'd place something or open up something he'd be right in there checking it out.

Shaman does not dislike the other cats btw. What the issue is she wants to eat and Cooper wants to play. I even have timed feedings twice a day now thinking that if they don't nibble throughout the day they'd be more concentrated on their food bowl instead of "playing". Cooper is young though so no telling if he's also eating at another colony or not. Shaman doesn't. She hangs here all day long. All I know is I'm now down with the flu from standing guard while Shaman eats. I can't keep this up daily with winter coming or I won't be here to feed them at all.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is still scared of me and I didn't have the playpen with me. What a tragedy :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is still not liking that playpen. The minute she sees it she runs. It's been out for a few days now. The other cats have no issues looking at it or going near. What am I doing wrong? Should I just throw in the towel and let the other cats go in and out as they wish? I hate to have wasted money on the thing

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is still not liking that playpen. The minute she sees it she runs. It's been out for a few days now. The other cats have no issues looking at it or going near. What am I doing wrong? Should I just throw in the towel and let the other cats go in and out as they wish? I hate to have wasted money on the thing
Maybe Shaman has been trapped before...U know in some sort of animal trapper...

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
NEVER throw in the towel...Maybe if Shaman sees the other cats go in...She will go in...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She won't go inside though if it has their scent on it. And she wasn't trapped in a bad way. If so Treasure would not have taken to all of the stuff because up til his passing they were the best of friends and always together

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
But that's ok. I'll just continue with what I'm doing and hope I don't get pneumonia :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean seriously, I can't continue fighting this. I'm suffering frozen shoulder, severe nerve damage, broke toe fractured ribs, this whatever it is from the mosquito bite this summer and now coming down with the flu. Winter is rolling in and so far we're lucky the weather has been decent but it won't stay decent long. I can't stand over each and every food bowl during each meal playing security guard. That will be equal to standing outside 12 hours a day. So when I say I feel like throwing in the towel, I meant just opening the stupid playpen so that all of them can use it and enjoy and just hope that something gives with Shaman. Otherwise, if my health gets worse I won't be around to feed them. I guess unless you are here you can't understand the struggles of literally crawling on all 4s to care for the cats, help my Mom and earn money to pay off past debts and feed the cats (and yes I was gifted food for the cats but that runs out eventually.

I'm sorry all if my illness is offensive to some of you. I have mentioned several times that this is my first time with feral cats and then to top it off living with Mom as well my sickness and injury. I'm not mentioning this to be negative but to be clear why I can't do certain things as a lot of people haven't read my other threads. This avoids the 50 million suggestions and me coming back with "I can't because of injury" "I can't because of Mom" and so on. I never had these issues with Pepper and Harley. The two despised one another but they both ate peacefully side by side and then both went their separate ways in the house. So all of this is new to me. If a lot of my questions are repetitive I apologize. Again first feral colony (even though small) and first winter with this feral colony. And I tend to be a realist. I know my illness will not get better if I continue the way I am going. And my only concern for my health is because of the cats well being. Thank you :)

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean seriously, I can't continue fighting this. I'm suffering frozen shoulder, severe nerve damage, broke toe fractured ribs, this whatever it is from the mosquito bite this summer and now coming down with the flu. Winter is rolling in and so far we're lucky the weather has been decent but it won't stay decent long. I can't stand over each and every food bowl during each meal playing security guard. That will be equal to standing outside 12 hours a day. So when I say I feel like throwing in the towel, I meant just opening the stupid playpen so that all of them can use it and enjoy and just hope that something gives with Shaman. Otherwise, if my health gets worse I won't be around to feed them. I guess unless you are here you can't understand the struggles of literally crawling on all 4s to care for the cats, help my Mom and earn money to pay off past debts and feed the cats (and yes I was gifted food for the cats but that runs out eventually.
No im NOT there n going through what u r...But im trying to help u the best I can..Just like all the other members on this site have and is...STOP ALWAYS BEING SO NEGATIVE ABOUT MEMBERS ADVICE....OR WHAT IS GOING ON WITH U THERE..TRY N BE POSITIVE....THE OUTCOME COULD BE SURPRISING

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm probably going to just open it up and see what happens. I'm sure Cooper will claim this as his too but otherwise it's going to waste. Seems Shaman may never get used to it. Maybe I can zip Cooper inside to eat and feed Shaman outside the playpen. Maybe more experienced people will know the answer to this?

I truly am at my wits end with this feeding situation and not getting much help. It was so much easier when Treasure was here. He'd guard the bowl while Shaman ate and then he would eat. Except for their usual scuffles, but Shaman is losing weight as she's so timid of everything. What a horrible tragedy. :(

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm probably going to just open it up and see what happens. I'm sure Cooper will claim this as his too but otherwise it's going to waste. Seems Shaman may never get used to it. Maybe I can zip Cooper inside to eat and feed Shaman outside the playpen. Maybe more experienced people will know the answer to this?

I truly am at my wits end with this feeding situation and not getting much help. It was so much easier when Treasure was here. He'd guard the bowl while Shaman ate and then he would eat. Except for their usual scuffles, but Shaman is losing weight as she's so timid of everything. What a horrible tragedy. :(
I never implied that I was experienced in feral kitties...Im sorry im NOT more help...