Packing sucks so much

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I havent been around much because ive been packing to move. I have till the 30th to be out of this place. It has such bad energy im not sad to see it go!But lord do i hate packing. So Ive moved about 30 or more times in my life, i went to more then 20 schools. How many times have YOU moved?

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i'm 15 years old and i have NEVER moved in my life. my house has this comforting vibe about it. i will hate moving out when i get older. well good luck packing! i'll send you some ((((((((good packing)))))) vibes.

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've moved more times than I can count, and I always seem to lose pieces of myself on the way
much sympathy on your packing woes!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moved into my first apartment when I was 19, then a year later moved into a two bedroom in the same building, than had to move home for a year and a half and then I bought the trailer and been there for almost 6 years! so, what, 4 times? I hate moving too!

meowsas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have moved 50 plus times. a couple of times to a new country.
You have my sympathy. it sucks. but when you unpack all your treasures at the other end it can feel like christmas!
Packing is a job that will fill anytime allowed. I have packed over a month and packed in a weekend! the job always gets done!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, some of you guys are professional movers...........

let's see......for me I've moved once at 17, then to Hawaii with my first hubby, then to California, then to South Carolina, then back to Ohio, then up here to the Cleveland area when I met Jerry..........I want to move once more to our 'forever' home and that's it!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvermoonmyst

I havent been around much because ive been packing to move. I have till the 30th to be out of this place. It has such bad energy im not sad to see it go!But lord do i hate packing. So Ive moved about 30 or more times in my life, i went to more then 20 schools. How many times have YOU moved?
I HATE packing/moving!! When I was a kid, my dad was a preacher, so we moved several times, finally this being the LAST place(that was in 1990) DH and I have lived in 5 different houses since we married(this being our LAST one)
I dont ever want to pack again! I wouldnt mind moving but yes-the packing is what I hate!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too could be a professional mover! I was an army brat, so we moved alot in my lifetime... I started out in PA, moved while I was a toddler, moved again to NY, spent the next 12-15 yrs in NY, but moved at least 4 times on Long Island, then to Carlisle PA, then to Allentown PA, then to Philly PA.... and I just moved in Philly last September... and packing never gets any better... but I do love getting into a new place, and getting everything painted, and cleaned, and organized! I love that! It's a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment! But then all my friends say I'm a little OCD...just cause all the cans in my pantry are organized, catagorized, and labels forward doesn't mean anything! Hey, I already told you I was an army brat!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind packing...it's the unpacking part I don't like. I spent all the time and effort packing only to have to unpack it all

Anyhoo, I moved out of my parents house to go to college. Spent 1 year in the dorm, then moved home for the summer. Spent 2nd year in a different room, same dorm. Then moved into summer sublease, moved into an apartment. Roommate and I were ready to kill each other so I moved into another apartment. Stayed there for 2 years, moved into a different apartment then best friend turned psycho. So then I moved home again.
Stayed there for 1 year, moved into apartment. Then B and I moved in together. Then we hated our neighbors, so we moved into a house.

Now we're talking about moving again...I don't want to though...I'm tired of moving 10 times in the past 10 years!!!!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I, too, have moved more times than I can count and I really tried. I was an Air Force brat, and there were five major moves (over 500 miles.) North Dakota to OK City. OK City to Augsburg, Germany. Augsburg to San Antonio. San Antonio to Ramstein, Germany. Ramstien to Arkansas. As far as moving from one address to another, I can count 7 times since I graduated HS in 1998!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me see! Packing does suck and I have had my fair share of it!! When I moved out on my own I don't think I packed. i lived in both houses for 6 months until my mom fianlly called me one morning and said "Are you moving or what?" She had dpacked all my clothes and trinkets and told me to come get them or she was throwing them out!
I liked having 2 homes...

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We moved several times when I was a kid and I've moved 7 times in the past 12 years, mostly due to job and lifestyle changes. I've been in my current apartment (we also own the building) for four years and have no intention of moving again any time soon!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We moved 4 times when I was a kid - I moved to the dorms my 1st year of college from home, then back home that summer, then back to a house with 4 girls for my last year of college, then back home for the summer, then to a house with 3 girls here in the Rochester area to be with my now ex boyfriend, I lived there for 1 year, then I moved to the apartment I am now with John, we've been here for a year, and I have NO intentions on moving anytime soon!
Not until we find a house that I fall in love with!

I feel your pain, I hate moving too!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally hear where you're coming from..I have to be out by the 30th too, and I haven't really started packing..This whole breakup has turned my life upside down and the last thing I want to do is sit around all sad and pack boxes..packing is depressing all in itself.

10 more days, eep! Good luck with your move though

meowsas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trouts mum ae you sure this split is right for you???
If its hurting so much maybe its wrong???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wanst a military kid. my parents ust loved moving, my stepfather had an itchy foot, so every 6 months when i was growing up we moved. eep. I went to 6 HS's sigh. Thankfully ive only moved twice while my son has been around, hes 2, yeah thats once a year i know. We have actually been here for more then a year. But the energy in this house is TERRIBLE! you come here and you FEEL aweful! you cant wait to get out! My animals are dying here. By odd accidents. Its just... wrong here. I cant wait to get out. But im so stressed too. And im not spending a whole lotta time online or doing anything other then packing... i finally sat down and did something else last night.. i made my son a soaker for his cloth diapers hehe. So i was sewing by hand rather then packing.. my idea of fun.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lina you know I hate packing, we had to get it all done in one week and thankfully we got all the packing, loading and unloading into storage done good.

I know how much it sucks, this is the third time we've moved in the last year.

And there will be at least one more move after this one (hence our stuff in storage).

So I feel your pain!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like I'm the third one scheduled to be out by the 30th. I can totally related on the hating packing. This is my forth move and I've hated everyone of them. It's redicious the amount of stuff I have and I keep coming across stuff that I'd tucked away that I'm scratching my head as to why I have it.

Do I really need two food choppers? Why have I hung onto the blender that doesn't work? When did I decided that I was going to crochet an afghan, and why didn't I ever start it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove

Looks like I'm the third one scheduled to be out by the 30th. I can totally related on the hating packing. This is my forth move and I've hated everyone of them. It's redicious the amount of stuff I have and I keep coming across stuff that I'd tucked away that I'm scratching my head as to why I have it.

Do I really need two food choppers? Why have I hung onto the blender that doesn't work? When did I decided that I was going to crochet an afghan, and why didn't I ever start it?
Lord do i know how that goes...

But we just got really bad news. my husband was laid off from his job, so now we wont have the paycheck on the 30th with which to put the 1st months rent on the new place.. so now i dont know what we are going to do...