Packing sucks so much

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved from england to rome, then we bought a house in Rome, then we moved to australia, then to germany, then i moved out with my boyfriend, we then moved into another appartment, i moved back to frankfurt.... and thats it!
So about 7 times?

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

I've moved more times than I can count, and I always seem to lose pieces of myself on the way
much sympathy on your packing woes!
Indeed. I just signed a two-year lease so hopefully I won't have to move in two years.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowsas

Trouts mum ae you sure this split is right for you???
If its hurting so much maybe its wrong???

I'm not SURE the split is right for me, but I am sure that I have been thinking about it now for a while that he may not be the one for me. I think that if two people are meant to be, there would be NO doubts. i couldn't imagine marrying him, so why would I stay with him?

Any breakup will hurt after 3 years...even If I was cheated on, it would still hurt but that doesn't mean I should stay with someone.

Make sense?

Sorry for the highjack, I just had to speak my piece about that, as I do not want to second guess myself right now about this breakup.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvermoonmyst

Lord do i know how that goes...

But we just got really bad news. my husband was laid off from his job, so now we wont have the paycheck on the 30th with which to put the 1st months rent on the new place.. so now i dont know what we are going to do...
Oh God Lina, I'm so sorry! I'll keep you in my prayers. My heart is with you.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH my god, do I know where you are coming from!!!!!!!!!!!!

I moved 4 times before I was 15. Then when I turned 15 I left home to move back to Saskatoon(4months after my parents moved to another province btw) and since i have left home I've moved 10 times and I may just have to make this the 11th because of neighbor troubles. I absolutely do not want to leave. I am a student with no job, a three year old and DH can just pay our bills now with 8 hours of over time every check which is not garenteed.

We live in a decent area (where I grew up, its gone a little down hill though) accept that we got Shooty(you know what I mean) neighbors (other tenants in 4plex) and if we move, we'd mostly likely have to move to more of the same or worse because any decent place is out of our price range.

I don't know what to do either. If you need to talk about it just PM me anytime so we can commiserate!

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that if the move is to get away from toxic or dangerous people (whether they be neighbors or family) than that's what's best despite how stressful the move itself is.

And other times, it's just financialy reasons......and sometimes it's military (I've had to do all three in the last year alone).

Move #1: Off military housing and into the civilian world due to my honorable discharge from the USAF.
Move#2: 8 months later cause we couldn't afford the rent and my non-parents....again I've written about this, said they'd help us out and what not and that we would have a much better year, yada yada yada, if we moved to NC.
Move#3: 3 months later, toxic folks show their ugly heads the above mentioned 'non parents' or 'anti-parents' as I may start calling them. And the ugliness that ensued.

There will be a 4th move but not until we are stable and on our feet again.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like you've hit a rough patch dear. I'm sorry to hear that. But try to keep your chin up and remember, things will look up soon. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers this week. Hopefully your hubby will find a new job quickly (sometimes the Temp agencies can place people in jobs fairly quickly...until he can get something more permenant, it might not be a bad idea to try). I hope your packing and the move go smoothly. If you need anything, remember TCS member are here to listen and help you

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I have been married for 19 years and due to work and other commitments we have moved 14 times, we have the packing and moving down pat and the cats don't even seem to bother about it, its just the way things are.

Hope that all goes well for you.