Overly aggressive cat

Bambino2012

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 9 years old and ever since we adopted him ( he was a kitten for adoption at the vet) he’s been an extremely misbehaved and aggressive cat. I’ve never been one to get rid of an animal and have never felt so angry towards an animal until now. I still won’t get rid of him because I love him but it’s gotten increasingly worse over the years with destroying everything in our home and multiple severe attacks. He stalks you and if you try to block an attack he lunges back at you and does not stop. He has tons of toys, playtime with us, he has a cat tree with view of the backyard, you name it. Any suggestions? I’m at a loss.

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have any cats in addition to him? Have you tried Feliway or anti-anxiety/aggression medication like fluoxetine (Prozac)?

Edit: is it possible that other cats come into the backyard where he can see them?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So many questions - indoor/outdoor cat? Misbehaved and aggressive, how? How is he fed and how much? How is his eating/drinking/litter box use? Things change as cats age, has he been regularly seen by a vet - as in a full senior check up (yes, cats that age need to have semi-annual check ups)?

Too many variables, so the more information you can provide the better someone might have some suggestions.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, what methods have you used to try to curb the bad behavior? Did they work at all? Any of them make him worse?