Overgrooming / Stress / Protein Intolerance?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually we haven't ruled out food allergies. Which is why she is being feed only rabbit. Today marks the 2nd week she has been on rabbit. Too soon to tell if she is allergic to a different protein (poultry, pork, beef).
Good idea about raising her food bowl. I may try that.
Thanks.
Since the food's coming up immediately, that's most likely a regurgitation, which (after a conversation with the vet) I tend to think of as a mechanical thing. She doesn't consider it a vomit. Try raising the food bowl, try feeding smaller portions, try spreading the food out on a plate (rather than mounding the food) so she has to eat slower. Edwina has always had a tendency to regurgitate and those measures -- as well as not feeding her when she's worked up (for whatever reason) or has just played -- also help a lot. She needs to eat as slowly and calmly as possible. (Not always an easy thing to achieve with a cat!)

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe she just loves rabbit? Chai is more prone to throw up after eating rabbit, because he loves it so much he scarfs it down fast.

Splitting up meals definitely is helpful. you could even make it a "treasure hunt" and leave bowls with bits of food around the house so she has to go looking for them. I've done that with my cats and it's always a hit. Just have to remember where all the bowls were so you can retrieve anything she didn't find and put it into her regular food bowl.

My cats love that although I usually do it with treats instead of food. They know the phrase "treasure hunt" and they get all excited and start running to the places I usually leave treats.

KSRS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lotus raw doesn't use bones. Not sure about the other ingredients but I've fed it to my cat who had megacolon and allergies and he did fine on it.