Outside kitty brought in with new kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well,I'm just going crazy! Lol. I was just in there checking on her,and it Is in the right place! I think because of how she was laying and her milk tata's made it look weird. Oops! She's all good,and I need a vacation.[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, my! I've got tears running down my face I'm laughing so hard! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I was having a snack and laughing so hard I nearly choked. LOL

I'm glad you got that straightened out! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was in a full blown panic thinking the worst. I'm glad you got a good laugh,we did too. [emoji]128049[/emoji]

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol the vet probably thinks I'm nuts! [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Probably! I'm cracking up again. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I seriously had never heard of that and thought the vet had a peculiar way of spaying!

Best laugh I've had in days!

Last edited:

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad I could help lol.[emoji]128514[/emoji] Well now I'm sad...Oliver and Pb have found a home. They go together which is good,but I got super attached to Oliver. My husband kept saying "don't get attached". How could I not?? Little pickles,who my daughter just loves doesn't have a home lined up,my daughter is trying to keep her...hubby said she could if she stays outside with momma cat...I don't know what to do!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
lisastuber lisastuber

Oh, boy. The old "what to do about dad" problem.

What I did back in the day was just keep the kitten my daughter wanted.

"Of course Pickles will stay outside," you tell Dad.

Then daughter takes Pickles in her room and it becomes "her" cat. She feeds it and scoops the litter and is head over heels attached and in love.

And kittens should not go outside until they are vaccinated, fixed, and about 9 months old.

Ultimately, Dad can't bring himself to kick Pickles outdoors because of daughter's feelings. Secretly, Dad likes Pickles too but won't admit it.

Voila! Pickles is a house cat!

Worked for me! ;)

By the way, that kitten is now 11, and my daughter is now 19. She took Smoky to college with her!

Last edited:

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol. I thought the same...since she can't go outside until fixed etc. [emoji]128526[/emoji] We have two inside already and it took serious bribery to be able to bring my Kib in. We shall see. Thanks as always. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tell your daughter that great big eyes and tiny sniffles always worked at our house.  I even got pet rats like that, and my dad HATED rodents with a passion,  The poor man even bandaged Tidbit's tail when he broke it in the typewriter (don't ask).

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Advice on getting a certain little Pb to use the litter box? She did use it a few times,now she's just peeing wherever she wants! And Oliver is eating real food but the other two still won't. Momma is starting to wean them.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, it took me a few tries to find the litter than Hekitty liked.  Bear in mind, with little ones, it canNOT be the clumping kind, they eat it.  But try a couple of different ones.  Unscented is generally best.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes cats are just fussy about their litter. Years ago I asked a friend of mine who was coming over to hang out with if she would mind picking up cat litter since I had a badly sprained ankle. I forgot she had recently changed litters for her cats. We had been using the same brand of litter for years so I forgot to tell her which type of litter to get and she bough the one she was currently using.  One of my seniors did not like the new litter and  peed on the floor right in front of the litter box.  My friend offered to scoop the litter boxes for me and cleaned up the mess.  My hubby was really busy at work and was trying to keep up with all the household chores due to my ankle injury. My friend is also a cat person and was going to buy supplies for her cats on the way to my house. We were supposed to go out to lunch that day but since I could not wear shoes we decided to order in food. I offered to buy lunch since she scooped out my cat boxes but she would not let me and also insisted on running back out to get me the correct litter.  I did manage to let convince her that I should pay for my own cat litter though because she wanted to pay for it since she felt bad about me being injured. She had nothing to do with how I injured my ankle and was not even with me when it happened. 

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well,Pb and Pickles went to their new home. Both were using the litter box and eating well. We decided to keep Oliver,he was just a better fit. [emoji]128515[/emoji] It's been quite awhile since we've had a active little kitten in the house....lol. How do we keep him from waking us up at all hours of the night??

Last edited by a moderator:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just have to wait for him to our grow it.  When Eclipse was 4 months old I started leaving down dry food so he wouldn't wake me at 4am for food.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...I see so many threads on here about "how do I stop my kitten from being a jerk?"  And the answer is always...YOU DON'T...they will get over it.  You've just forgotten how active they are.  It's like living with a toddler.  He's in the Terrible Twos of kittenhood, and all you can do is hunker down and pray.

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So little Oliver is a handful lol,but he's a sweetie. I started him on wet kitten food when he started eating real food,and now all he wants is wet food! How can I convince him to try the crunchy stuff? ;) He's also had a few bouts of diarrhea,could that be from too much wet food?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wet food shouldn't cause diarrhea.  It is better for cats than dry. 

Has Oliver been wormed?

Last edited: