Outside kitty brought in with new kittens.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mobile wouldn't work for me either. Try using the desktop version. Glad she's feeling better!
I'm not happy with the desktop version. If it gets urgent I'll think about it. There are so many pictures of Whisky and blighty that a break won't hurt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So little girl is all cleared up,but she seems thinner than the other two now. She is eating,playing...Possibly from being sick for a week?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
lisastuber lisastuber

Yes, she has some catching up to do after being sick. How old is she now? What is she eating?

Last edited:

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's three weeks two days old. She's nursing and I'm also giving her kmr three times a day/night,about 3-4 hours in between.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's still young. Just give as much KMR as she'll drink at this point, and maybe try Gerber turkey baby food soon on your finger. Cats usually love it. If she'll lap it, your battle is half done. But she may need extra time to wean since she's been sick. She may just want milk for another week. You'll need to experiment, but baby food is a good transition between mom and other solids.

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She won't eat the baby food,none of them will. She seems worse today,don't know what to do! She was playing yesterday and today she's all blah again and breathing funny again. Called her vet,they can't see her until Friday! And I have no money! Any advice? What could she possibly have that would cause these up' s and downs? She's been on clavamox since May 31st.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
lisastuber lisastuber

I'm thinking she may have pneumonia in her lungs. She probably needs a different antibiotic, and/or a stronger dose.

You really need to get her to a vet asap! This is serious!

Is she taking the KMR? She also really needs to stay hydrated.

Last edited:

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Took her back,they don't think it's pneumonia. Gave me different antibiotics,said sometimes they just don't respond well to clavamox. Prayers appreciated!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
lisastuber lisastuber

What did the vet put her on? How is the kitten doing? What does the vet think it is if not pneumonia?

You have my prayers. [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Last edited:

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's not exactly sure what it is. Thinks it's most likely just a bad uri,and she's taking awhile to recover since she's so tiny. They put her on doxycycline. She's playing right now,and has nursed often today. Plus she took alot of the kmr.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad to hear she's eating well, and I hope she continues to improve. It's tough when they are so little. I'm really glad you took her to the vet today. Keep us posted!

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! She's doing good this morning too!:) Question about our older cat Rosie,she is 5. She is a bit overweight,started gaining once she was spayed,and recently she has had poo stuck in the fur on her bottom. Not alot,but she will not let us near her booty area,never has! How in the world can we clean/trim the fur without her shredding us? (She doesn't have worms,and doesn't have diarrhea)

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When is a good time to have momma spayed? Babies are 4 weeks. Seems momma is in heat again,and yowling all night,and tearing up carpet trying to get out!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have this problem with a couple of my cats. You need someone with conviction to hold her by the scruff, and hold her back legs still, while you trim her rear fur.

You can also get this done at the vet, where she may behave better with vet techs. They are accustomed to shaving, trimming, pilling, clipping nails, handling uncooperative pets. This might be the way to go! Sometimes they will do it for free, or charge a nominal $8-10.

I'm glad to hear the little one is good today!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, it's no fun. Lasts about a week. Ideally, spay when babies are 6-8 weeks, but you can schedule it for the end of the heat cycle if you'd like. She'll still be able to nurse. [emoji]128522[/emoji]