Our EXOTIC furbabies part 2

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my God! This is heartbreaking John! Tomorrow I will look into writing to protest. I have been going through chemo for months and tonight not feeling so well. I know there are many caring individulas who are responsible owners of wildcats and it isn't fair that you have to fight so hard to keep them. I am sure many will rally by your side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! So far, I have had no one from here saying they will help...thus far. All I have to say is this. If anyone supports HSUS, THEY support the killing of my animals. One thing is for certain, I will NOT give them up, no matter what. They, the dictator government, will have to rip them from my arms and when they do, it will be all documented on video. This video will then be posted across the world for all to see. HSUS will be to blame and this hopefully, will lead to the demise of HSUS. No legislation has been introduced yet, but it WILL soon. We just have to wait until the bill comes out, so we know how it is worded. A group of which I am a member has already hired an attorney so hopefully, should this ban pass with no grandfather clause, we can file a lawsuit against the state. Taking of my cats would be the ILLEGAL taking of MY PROPERTY. If anyone here does care, the time is now to call. I don't care if you live in Ohio or not. If Ohio goes down, HSUS will attack every state and not just the banning of exotics. As it is, domestic hybrids are on the ban list too, unless they have been removed. We will see the wording of the bill when it comes out. Keep watching here, because it is going to get very ugly in Ohio very soon, if this ban goes through. Some of the things I have heard people say, I am not going to post. But I will back them 100%. America, home of dictators!!

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wrote my letter by e-mail and can only hope that it helps you and all the other exotic pet owners who are responsible. Keep us posted. My heart truly goes out to you.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John I am in Canada, I don't know if I can write an e-mail to help. I agree with you 100%. My heart breaks for you and other responsible exotic owners. Killing these beautiful creatures would be horribly wrong. Please pm me if you think there is something I can do

windycitymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
John, I'll see if I can write up an e-mail later on- my goodness that is horrible.

Your amber is such a beauty, btw.

Arielrain, love & light to you, I hope that everything goes well with chemo *hug*

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A huge THANK YOU to all who have written thus far. I can not say it enough, thank you!! I am asking everyone to write, no matter where you live. Normally I would say only Ohioans. However, governor John Kasich is getting advice and instructions to ban from HSUS, a non Ohio resident. So if he is going to listen to them, he surely can listen to all across the world. Maybe if he realises the WORLD is watching his every move, he will take a step back and not over react. I spoke with my Senator on the phone yesterday for 15-20 minutes. It was a great conversation and felt it went good with him.

This whole thing is truly sad. It is a knee jerk reaction to one event. As sad as it was, there is no need for this knee jerk reaction and total elimination of exotics from the state. Am I worried?? You bet!! But it's not about me. Take a look at the faces on my babies. It's about them.

Lorri, big {{{{hugs}}}} for you. Hope you are doing ok :-)

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no further updates on this possible ban at the moment. We don't expect much to happen until after the holidays. I did speak with my senator who did seem to be on our side. Other people have also had conversations that did show some support for us owners, but we still have a huge battle ahead of us. I was on vacation last week, I did a long interview with a reporter from GQ magazine. I hope the story is good and not one that is turned around and used against us. However, I felt good after the hour and a half long talk with the reporter.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
John, have you started a new thread on this topic?  Adding it to an existing older thread you may not get many as many people reading it as you would like.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't really thought of starting a new thread. I could I guess, but just don't want it to turn into another heated debate. But I see your point, could be the reason why not much else has been posted here.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't really thought of starting a new thread. I could I guess, but just don't want it to turn into another heated debate. But I see your point, could be the reason why not much else has been posted here.

I had no idea that this thread ended up turning into this. It's listed in the pictures forum and is tacked onto the last page of a six-page thread. A post in cat SOS or even the main cat lounge forum would probably get a ton more attention.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did voice my concern, regarding the impending Ohio legislation. I hope it helps. I love seeing pictures of: Amber, Boris, Natasha, Alieh(sp error) and  Carmelo of course. I am pretty sure I missed a Bobcat. I am very sorry about that
. Could you please tell me the name of your fifth Bobcat? Lastly, are all but Amber and Carmelo rescues? I know Amber and Alieh(sp error) came from Barbra Roe of Bitter Root Bobcats and Lynx. But, where did Boris and the Bobcat I can not think of come from? Like the name of the breeder? Lastly, is Carmelo from Mount Hope Exotic animal swap meet in Ohio?

Thank you in advance for answering all my questions

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rad65, this thread had been on the last page, because I haven't posted in it for quite a while now, until this new ban threat arrived.

Amber and Carmelo I purchased from breeders, the others are rescues. The other bobcats are Boris, Natasha, Nakoma and Aiya. Boris, Natasha and Nakoma came from a BAN state, the people who had them did not know there was a ban. All the bobcats, except for Nakoma came from Bitterroot. I do not know the name of Nakoma's breeder. Yes, I got Carmelo at Mt Hope.

I noticed you have all those great exotic animal links posted. I am a member of UAPPEAL and the FCF and follow REXANO as well

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber and Carmelo I purchased from breeders, the others are rescues. The other bobcats are Boris, Natasha, Nakoma and Aiya. Boris, Natasha and Nakoma came from a BAN state, the people who had them did not know there was a ban. All the bobcats, except for Nakoma came from Bitterroot. I do not know the name of Nakoma's breeder. Yes, I got Carmelo at Mt Hope.

I noticed you have all those great exotic animal links posted. I am a member of UAPPEAL and the FCF and follow REXANO as well

How could I forget Nakoma. Can you touch/interact with him, after all these years?

I thought Aiya came from George, when he had family issues and could not keep him. But, I thought he lived in Ohio or some other legal state. But I guess not
. Am I right on any of the Aiya rescue story? If not, boy am I getting old and senile.

I know you said Natasha came from upstate NY. But, I can not for the life of me remember Boris and Nakoma's rescue sorry. If you care to tell me that would be cool.

I would love to see more picture's of Carmelo. When you get time. Is the breeder of Carmelo still breeding? If I ever was to own a cougar, that would the breeder I would want to get mine from. Since he is such a sweet boy.

I have worked with rescued Bobcats, Canadian Lynx, Jungle Cats and high percentage Jungle cat hybrids. I also own a hyperactive crazy F3 Savannah.  Glad you approve of all my links

Last edited:

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you should start a thread in another area as well. Voices are heard in numbers. Keep us up-dated in this one too though, it is the only one I am subscribed to.

midas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am brand new to this site and I will definately write. I am to get my kitten Thursday (a Mokave Jag cat) and I do not want this horrible nonsense to spread. Even though the Mokave Jag Cats would not be under this new rule, It seems you give the government any power at all and they will go out of their way to take any and all power and authority they desire. As far as the government taking your personal property, your rights went out the window with that when the courts told people they had to give their homes to entities that wanted to build shopping centers because the taxes would be greater than what you would pay as an individual. Bah and balderdash!! Just government doing what they want. I think your cats are beautiful.