Our EXOTIC furbabies part 2

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just come on this thread and it makes me quite sad. I'm an Ohio resident myself--if I'd heard about it earlier I probably would've sent a letter, but I doubt it would have helped.

Why can't there be a middle ground? They are right to be worried that big cats will be dangerous to people, or that they will be mistreated by people who don't know how to take care of them--that sort of thing does happen--but banning them entirely is not the solution. Why could they not have a licensing system?--you know, get a license for the animals, make a requirement for the license to have a vet vouch for your ability to keep the animals, ensure that you have enough room for them and aren't keeping unattended children/disabled/elderly people in the same place (because let's face it, a bobcat is big enough to do damage to an infant even if it's only playing). If they banned any cat, they should limit only very large cats--tigers, for example--the sort that need a big enclosure and are usually kept in zoos, wildlife reserves, or as working/performing animals by professional animal trainers. Surely they could be persuaded to understand that a bobcat is not nearly the risk a tiger would be. Even a cougar isn't bigger than an English mastiff, the largest dog breed, though it's pretty big as far as cats go.

Have you considered talking to a lawyer about it? Maybe there is another way to keep your cats without moving away. After all, bobcats are owned by zoos and animal trainers, aren't they? If you could, legally, be declared something like that, maybe you could keep them.

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My faith in America has died a long time ago. No longer free as they say we are. But I won't get into that lol. One thing I will stand by, NO ONE is going to touch my cats even if this bill passes and all other owners I have spoken with have said the same. I am legal as it stands right now and no one has the right to force me to get rid of them or take them from me, unless it has been proven that the animals are in neglect and not being properly cared for, which is not the case in a long shot by any means. But if things do go horribly wrong, I do have people lined up that can take them until I can move out of state. America, home of the free...nothing but a lie.
This is sooo true!!!
People are such idiots, they will l listen to anything
As long as it seems like it will be "Safe"....oh yea great plan
Kill all the beautiful big cats just cause you think there dangerous
This kind of stuff annoys me, this us exactly why animals are extinct
Because some a%$$&*%& decided that they should all die!!!
Your such a caring loving owner I would hate to see your babies
Get taken from you or worse...who are they to do this.... Nothing but a bunch
Of heartless &$$%&*$% thats who. Where has our freedom gone?
Cause this is deffinatly not FREEDOM!!!

Shame on you HSUS..
and shame on you JACK HANNA

hang in there john,i know you guys won't give up on saving your babies

And I will call/write anything to anyone I need to to help you and you big cats
I will not continue to see great people have there lives destroyed bysuch idiots!!

How dare they do this!!

Last edited by a moderator:

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just had to add: how it annoys me how there doing this,i live in
MA and I'm not allowed to own a savanna cat because their to "wild"
That is such BS! It saddens me that I will never have this dream of mine
Be anything more than a dream... It's total crap whats next are they ganna
Ban feral cats? Because they think there to wild total crap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just come on this thread and it makes me quite sad. I'm an Ohio resident myself--if I'd heard about it earlier I probably would've sent a letter, but I doubt it would have helped.

Why can't there be a middle ground? They are right to be worried that big cats will be dangerous to people, or that they will be mistreated by people who don't know how to take care of them--that sort of thing does happen--but banning them entirely is not the solution. Why could they not have a licensing system?--you know, get a license for the animals, make a requirement for the license to have a vet vouch for your ability to keep the animals, ensure that you have enough room for them and aren't keeping unattended children/disabled/elderly people in the same place (because let's face it, a bobcat is big enough to do damage to an infant even if it's only playing). If they banned any cat, they should limit only very large cats--tigers, for example--the sort that need a big enclosure and are usually kept in zoos, wildlife reserves, or as working/performing animals by professional animal trainers. Surely they could be persuaded to understand that a bobcat is not nearly the risk a tiger would be. Even a cougar isn't bigger than an English mastiff, the largest dog breed, though it's pretty big as far as cats go.

Have you considered talking to a lawyer about it? Maybe there is another way to keep your cats without moving away. After all, bobcats are owned by zoos and animal trainers, aren't they? If you could, legally, be declared something like that, maybe you could keep them.
Thank you for the support!! 

I have to say, that after the Senate hearings on the bill, I have been left quite depressed over all this. However, during the past 3 days the bill has now been before the House Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee. I have not been able to attend these hearings as I did when the bill was before the Senate. But, from what I am hearing, this House Committee has been awesome and one of the hearings went on just past midnight!! The committee asked all kinds of questions, they listened. They are accepting amendments to the bill and the OAAO, Ohio Association of Animal Owners (I am a member) has even introduced a sub bill to replace the current SB310. I hope and pray they accept and pass this sub bill, because it will support exotic animal ownership now and into the future, with fair regulations that all owners would have to comply with, whether you are a pet owner, breeder, exhibitor, sanctuary etc. There will be two classes of license, commercial and non commercial. The state would then adopt and write into Ohio law, the USDA rules and regulations. These rules and regulations support the animal welfare act. This would protect both the animals and the public and allow future generations to own these animals under rules that will promote safe responsible ownership. Whether the Governor would sign into law, the new sub bill if it is accpeted, is another question however. If he does not, then the whole bill would then be dead. I read the sub bill and I like it. I have always been in favor of fair regulations. I try to follow USDA rules as it is now.

As for a lawyer. If the bill passes in it's current form (a total ban) we have some legal options that we will go through. I am not ready to post what that is just yet (don't want to let the cat out of the bag lol) I am hoping the sub bill will be accepted and we all can get on with our lives and love our animals.

Last edited:

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had to add: how it annoys me how there doing this,i live in
MA and I'm not allowed to own a savanna cat because their to "wild"
That is such BS! It saddens me that I will never have this dream of mine
Be anything more than a dream... It's total crap whats next are they ganna
Ban feral cats? Because they think there to wild total crap.
The Savannah cat would be banned in Ohio now, should the current form of SB310 pass. WIth the amendments or the sub bill, this would not be the case. The banning of feral cats or ANY animal, would NOT be out of the question, should the current form of SB310 pass as written. The reason? The bill gives the director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture to add ANY animal to the list of banned animals, after the bill is written into law. This means that if the director is convinced that cows, pigs, horses, domestic cats and dogs, chickens etc are dangerous, they can be banned!! If this director is a huge HSUS/PETA supporter anything IS possible.

Yes I fully agree, it is total crap!!

Last edited:

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Savannah cat would be banned in Ohio now, should the current form of SB310 pass. WIth the amendments or the sub bill, this would not be the case. The banning of feral cats or ANY animal, would NOT be out of the question, should the current form of SB310 pass as written. The reason? The bill gives the director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture to add ANY animal to the list of banned animals, after the bill is written into law. This means that if the director is convinced that cows, pigs, horses, domestic cats and dogs, chickens etc are dangerous, they can be banned!! If this director is a huge HSUS/PETA supporter anything IS possible.
Yes I fully agree, it is total crap!!
I know, that is sooo ridiculous....
Evil people like that should not have the right to
Take amounts animals away, peoples animals should not be
Taken away unless it is for the animals health and safety
But to take someones animals away when they are obviously
A great and caring owner is unbelievable!!!
HSUS, JACK HANNA should go to h*ll for this.
I'm hoping they won't pass this bill for every ones sake and the
Animals, or atleast go with the sub bill.
I'm calling to oppose this bill I do not b leave in destroying
These or any of our worlds beautiful creatures, and thats that!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, that is sooo ridiculous....
Evil people like that should not have the right to
Take amounts animals away, peoples animals should not be
Taken away unless it is for the animals health and safety
But to take someones animals away when they are obviously
A great and caring owner is unbelievable!!!
HSUS, JACK HANNA should go to h*ll for this.
I'm hoping they won't pass this bill for every ones sake and the
Animals, or atleast go with the sub bill.
I'm calling to oppose this bill I do not b leave in destroying
These or any of our worlds beautiful creatures, and thats that!
Jack Hanna=Do as I say NOT as I do!! Jack forgets to mention, that he started as a PRIVATE EXOTIC PET OWNER!! Guess it is ok for him, but no one else. He is no expert and he has very little if any, knowledge of these animals. And here is another point to remember. Anytime good ol Jack appears on a TV show with animals, they are NOT his animals or the zoos animals. He gets them from....are you ready, PRIVATE OWNERS in the area!! He has no knowledge how to handle them and if you watch, he appears to be scared of the animals as well. He is nothing more than a TV celebrity. I have far greater knowledge of animal husbandry than he. But enough about Jack, I just want to say THANK YOU for the support. This has been very hard on me and next week, the House may vote on this bill. There will be a couple hearings next week and a possible vote. So I won't find out until then if and how the bill was amended or if the sub bill was accepted. Now if anyone gets a call, letter in the mail, email etc from HSUS to ask you to join them or donate, tell them to take a long walk of a short pier and make sure you tell them that HSUS supports the killing of animals!!

Last edited:

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jack Hanna=Do as I say NOT as I do!! Jack forgets to mention, that he started as a PRIVATE EXOTIC PET OWNER!! Guess it is ok for him, but no one else. He is no expert and he has very little if any, knowledge of these animals. And here is another point to remember. Anytime good ol Jack appears on a TV show with animals, they are NOT his animals or the zoos animals. He gets them from....are you ready, PRIVATE OWNERS in the area!! He has no knowledge how to handle them and if you watch, he appears to be scared of the animals as well. He is nothing more than a TV celebrity. I have far greater knowledge of animal husbandry than he. But enough about Jack, I just want to say THANK YOU for the support. This has been very hard on me and next week, the House may vote on this bill. There will be a couple hearings next week and a possible vote. So I won't find out until then if and how the bill was amended or if the sub bill was accepted. Now if anyone gets a call, letter in the mail, email etc from HSUS to ask you to join them or donate, tell them to take a long walk of a short pier and make sure you tell them that HSUS supports the killing of animals!!
First john, :vibes: :vibes: ...
Second, for all I'm concerned jack hanna should get mauled
By a bear, what a two faced snake!
And HSUS..... I dont even wanna mention the things I'd like
To do to them #@$&!%?¡ (just know that I know some people who
Can dig some really deep holes) ;)

Keep me updated!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok everyone. This is our last chance. If you care about my cats, please do me a favor. No matter where you live, please write to the Ohio house of represtatives asking them to vote NO on Senate Bill 310. Next Tuesday, it goes before the full house and will likely be voted on. If it passes, it is all over.

The link below is the list of all Ohio Representatives.

Thank you!!
https://statich.thecatsite.com/2/24/24bb01ec_HouseofRepresentativesEmailList1.pdf

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the list of email addresses they will be getting my
Word on the bill for ohio,
[SIZE= 7]NO[/SIZE] on 310
break a leg john!! I give you and your babies all
My hope, prays and love :vibes:

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the HSUS sponsored and PAID bill SB310, has PASSED!!. If you support HSUS, you supported this animal death sentence!! However, it is not over yet. Because Ohio and it's animal owner's will not be pushed around by HSUS or anyone. There is a next step that we are already taking, won't go into it in detail yet, because I know there could be HSUS people here and not giving them any info. Yes, the bill was signed by the governor, but the fight has now taken a new turn.

While all this was going on, I also had my local non profit, local humane society agent come to my house. No complaint, nothing, just said he heard that I have exotic animals and he wanted to see my setup. I told him NO, you will NOT be allowed on my property and you have no authority. I also told him I know the call came in by HSUS. He was adv if he steps onto my property again, legal action WILL be taken and he was also advised that he is messing with the wrong person. I already called my local sheriff and my ODNR officer who is an official law enforcement officer in charge of inspecting my cats, not a local humane agent who is not affiliated with the government in any way.

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, the HSUS sponsored and PAID bill SB310, has PASSED!!. If you support HSUS, you supported this animal death sentence!! However, it is not over yet. Because Ohio and it's animal owner's will not be pushed around by HSUS or anyone. There is a next step that we are already taking, won't go into it in detail yet, because I know there could be HSUS people here and not giving them any info. Yes, the bill was signed by the governor, but the fight has now taken a new turn.
While all this was going on, I also had my local non profit, local humane society agent come to my house. No complaint, nothing, just said he heard that I have exotic animals and he wanted to see my setup. I told him NO, you will NOT be allowed on my property and you have no authority. I also told him I know the call came in by HSUS. He was adv if he steps onto my property again, legal action WILL be taken and he was also advised that he is messing with the wrong person. I already called my local sheriff and my ODNR officer who is an official law enforcement officer in charge of inspecting my cats, not a local humane agent who is not affiliated with the government in any way.
How the h*ll could they do this, I'm so annoyed right
Now
I can't believe this, how dare they do this to you and your beautiful
Animals they should rott in h*ll for this, pardon my language.
Hsus is nothing but a bunch of killing thieves! Stealing our rights yo
Own what ever animal we decide, john I'm sooo sorry this has happened
I can't beleave this,i can't beleave they passed this bill!! I'm literally
In shock right now theres so many things I wish I could do, first is
Give you a big hug :hug: second is......well I wont write what what the second thing
is...but I'm appoled at what has happened,i would never wish this on anyone!

I'm glad your not giving up john, never give in never give up, yourA better person then
Any of them our, I'll keep you and your babies in my prayers
I hope this really works out for you and your cats hun,i honestly am heart
Broken and angry about this, theres gotta be something we can do
Something I can do?? Keep me updated, and try not to stress hun
Theres a lot of people out there and on here that will do anything they can
To help you, just tell me what and I will do what ever I can in my power to do so

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Btw john, if possible I've seen your beautiful big cats..but I was wondering
If you could post some pics of your domestics..I'm dying to see what they
Look like, xox

All my hopes and prays go out to everyone in ohio fighting for this
bil to stop! Xox

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words and support. Yes, it really is a disgrace. Our government is no longer by the people for the people, but a government against the people and whomever has the most money to buy them off. I attended many of the hearings on this bill. In all, there was just a small handful of people who were for the bill and HUNDREDS of people there who were against the bill. There was no public outcry to get this bill passed. The only people wanting it to get passed were HSUS, Jack Hanna and the Governor. This bill should not have passed period, whether you support or do not support private ownership. Reason being, there was very very little support by the Ohio tax payers to support it. Will I give up or give in, the answer is NEVER!!!! HSUS, Jack Hanna and Dictator Governor Kasich won't force me to do anything.  They can kiss my behind. I fully support the RESPONSIBLE private ownership of all animals, not just exotic/wild animals. I will keep you posted on what can be done next when that time comes. Trust me, the war is NOT over. If HSUS, Jack Hanna and the Governor think so, they are kidding themselves. Animal owners across the country are angry at this, not just Ohioans. This bill is unconstitutional and in many many ways, a very bad law.

As for the pics of my domestics, go to the bottom of my post where it says LOTS OF  PHOTOS HERE and click the link. You will see all my pics and the pics of my Pixi Bobs (domestics). Thank you for the support!!!!

Last edited:

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well just know I'm here for you and all your cats big and small
I'm hoping for the best hun I know you got a plan and I know you
Won't give up just know I'm here when you need me..

As for you HSUS & jack hanna... This is war!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I can't believe this thread is still here. Been almost a year since I have been around. So much has changed, much of it not for the better. Just stopped by to say hello

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I can't believe this thread is still here.

Does the site, normally, delete threads or something. Or, am I missing something, like, I normally do 

Been almost a year since I have been around.

Well, I am glad, that, you stopped by 

So much has changed, much of it not for the better.

Sadly, that, seems to be the trend around the USA. My only, real, understanding, of, the new Ohio law, is, based off FCF website. When, you click on the map, then, go to Ohio, it, still reads like the old law. Would Rexano have something, more up to date 
? If, you would like to enlighten us, that, would be great 

Just stopped by to say hello

Hello 

Last edited:

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted a reply on my "hello" post. I didn't post a whole lot about the law, but it isn't very good. We are not done fighting, but some things I can not say at the moment, because the animal owners are in the middle of a lawsuit with the state. Yes, we won't back down!!

Soon everyone will know the REAL truth as to what happened in Zanesville Ohio and why this whole ban started. A book is now out called Eighteen Days to the Massacre. It is a very good read and more news will come out. In short, Mr. Thompson did not set those animals free.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted a reply on my "hello" post.

I see, and thank you for replying

I didn't post a whole lot about the law, but it isn't very good.

In the USA, other then: West Virgina, Kentucky, and Nevada there are not many "good states" left.

We are not done fighting, but some things I can not say at the moment, because the animal owners are in the middle of a lawsuit with the state.

I REALLY hope you all win! Can you let us know, how, it goes? When, will you all know, if, you guys "won" or "lost"?

Yes, we won't back down!!

Good for you
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon everyone will know the REAL truth as to what happened in Zanesville Ohio and why this whole ban started.

I REALLY can't wait! I am hoping, some time this year, the public will be "notified"?

A book is now out called Eighteen Days to the Massacre. It is a very good read and more news will come out. In short, Mr. Thompson did not set those animals free.

I figured, Mr. Thompson, did not let his own animals out! Do you actually know the man? I have heard VERY MIXED reviews on his "mental state". But, EVERYONE agrees that he did NOT let the animals out. I just ordered, the book you mentioned, from, Barns and Noble. I can't wait to read it

Last edited: