Other then just tabby, what breed do you think my cats are?

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday some one mentioned to me the little ear tufts on one of my cats ears. I had never heard of these so looked them up. 

I wonder other then tabby cats, what other breed do you think they have in them?

It does not matter to me at all, was just curious after someone motioned the ear thing.

Thank you 

Jophiel is the one where they are more pronounced and ariel is less pronounced(Ariel has white chest and paws)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love ear tufties! :D I don't know of a particular breed where that's a breed standard thing, but Maine Coons come to mind. Tufts remind me of certain wild species of cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is what I thought too when another member mentioned. Jophiel def has the more pronounced ear tufts but Ariel has that less narrow face and her neck fur is quite fluffy, a bit like the main coon. I think after looking they def look like they might have a tiny main coon in them eh?

I love ear tufties! :D I don't know of a particular breed where that's a breed standard thing, but Maine Coons come to mind. Tufts remind me of certain wild species of cats.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ariel, the tabby tuxedo, is a classic tabby (marbled, blotched, bulls eye)