Oreo's babies are 30 days old!! Pics inside :)

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I didn't follow through with my normal updates which occur weekly. Since being diagnosed with MS, I've noticed my cognitive ability decline. This is just one example of it.

Here is the newest pictures of Oreo's babies. I hope you enjoy them. They have successfully mastered eating soft food and finding mom's litter box even though they have their own LOL. I'm so proud of them. I always litter train at 4 weeks when I introduce food. Never have had a problem yet with finding tootsie rolls

Peaches

Peaches showing how much she LOVES to eat LOL.

Trixie

Sophie

Check out the ears! I forget what normal ears are supposed to look like LOL These babies are so loving and cuddly. Makes going to bed at night a difficult task when all I want to do is snuggle with them. In very short order, they're going to be in bed sleeping with me and getting there on their own, right now they've just tried to climb the bed...oh I can't wait!!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg!!! Peaches is the prettiest kitty EVER! I mean it, I love her color wow! If I had money, and lived closer to you I would buy her right now.

The others are really cute too, Sophie looks like she is super soft! Aw.

Ok, stupid question time. Since momma is a Devon & Daddy is a Sphynx, which breed are they? Didn't you say Sphynx can be outcrossed to Devons? So they are Sphynx right? lol.

I don't care what they are, they are 100% CUTE!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kat, both Devons and Sphynx are recessive genes and this was more or less an F2 outcross--second generation. With Oreo, she was bred from a devon/sphynx cross and a full devon (dad) and her littermates were all Devon. Now, the sphynx genes from her mom were passed on to her and they matched up when Oreo was bred to my boy sphynx. While still being Devon herself, she has had the one Devon which I believe is the only reason why the devon appeared in her litter. Monty has no devon in his pedigree.

This outcross is interesting I'll say that much. I've never done it before. I didn't expect there to be any sphynx, but we got two of them. Outcrossing is confusing, and I've tried to get a handle on it, but there is so much to learn about genetics and I'm still learning.

They, yes would still be technically be called devon/sphynx crosses but appear differently than one another (sphynx and devon). Visually, you would never know that the sphynx babies have a Devon mother. Of course, I would never say they are FULL sphynx or devon when selling them.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also, thanks you guys for your nice comments on my kittens. They are super adorable which makes me melt every time I see them. Raising kittens is so rewarding because you get to see the end result of the nurturing and care you provide. I know their new owners will be just as infatuated with them as me

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ruthy, yeah they grow so fast, sometimes it is sad because you know they are growing up. I love watching them develop and do the things they're supposed to (according to charts of development). Their weights are way ahead of schedule too. Peaches is our heavyweight weighing in last night at 534g, that's over a pound already!!

Sophie is our littlest one, but even her weight is above the average. That makes me happy
She was always the smallest, but she is a doll

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's another pic, hubby wanted it cropped so that he wouldn't be seen LOL. He cropped it for me, for some reason, my computer won't allow me to do it....again, cog fog.

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow they are precious. I really am on love with Sophie. Just asking and of course you don't have to answer but what do you sell them for. I mean price wise just curious. again they are all amazingly adorable!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Here's another pic, hubby wanted it cropped so that he wouldn't be seen LOL. He cropped it for me, for some reason, my computer won't allow me to do it....again, cog fog.
OMG Trixie is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, any plans on a home for her