Orange Cats

wa2ise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Of course Orange cats are from Syracuse! 

furacious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Paw picture. I call this one, "Mom please let me back upstairs! I promise I will be a good boy!" Yeah right lol. Fred, you wild thang. He and Lucy are currently on separate levels because they are not getting along.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I'm sooo jealous of you for having 3 beautiful orange cats. I've had a total of 12 orange cats in my lifetime. Now I only have 1 cream colored cat left.

jaxtabby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I miss my Wigger too, never been that close to a cat before. Putting him down was one of the hardest things I have ever done. He was a handsome boy and a very missed friend

After months of no cats around the house I got one cat to replace him but ended up with his two brothers for a total of three!!!
From top to bottom Tigger, Roman and Buster. :nod:

Hug you red cat today!

Last edited:

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have an orange cat right now.  We lost our last one, Ginger (kept the name the Humane Society said she was surrendered with) to old age at age 21 three years ago.    Closest we have now is a torbie and white we live trapped two years ago.  She's such a nice cat, turned out to have been a pet, how could someone have let her get away?

But really why I wanted to post is about Norm Hacking and his music CD, Orange Cats Make the Very Best Friends.   I'm sure everyone who's posted here would like it.  If it's been posted, sorry, it's a long thread and I just looked at the pictures of all the beautiful cats.  :)

http://www.normhacking.com/album_orangecats.html

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Despite the popularity of orange cats, this thread doesn't seem to garner the love and attention that some of the other cat photo threads do.  No clue why.  Anyway, here's a recent picture of Archie lounging on the floor, enjoying the sunlight.

jaxtabby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your Archie look quite content. Have a great 4th.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you.  He is a happy cat.   And a wonderful and safe 4th to you and all of the American TCS members.  

gmm80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Keegan. He's full grown now (and very camera-shy), but he was one of my former foster kittens, now an official member of the household. He came to me as a foster at about 5 weeks old, and has always been a very sensitive boy. He tends to hang out behind my bed during the day and comes out in the evening. He absolutely loves to sleep on the bed with me, but pretty much disappears when any strangers come to the house, which is why he never got adopted. But he's an absolute love and I feel very lucky to be his mom. :)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I just adopted a big red cat with lots of hair. He is a Maine Coon Mix although he might be a pure bred. He has faint tabby stripes on his face only. He is 8 1/2 years old and the previous mom had to re-home him because she moved to smaller quarters and had to re-home some of her 9 cats. He has huge feet, not polydactyl, short legs, a nice ruff, a magnificent tail, tufts in his ears but not at the tips. His fur is similar to my Persian's fur, very plush. I am looking for an unusual name for him as all my cats have unusual names, something either leonine or something referring to "red". So far I am tending towards "Antares", the giant red star of the summer sky. His original name (Jackson) is too boring for this tribe of unusually named cats living here. Here he is: