Oral Care/products

Mari333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do any of you use products like this for oral care? "ProDen PlaqueOff Powder Dog & Cat supplement" "Tropiclean Fresh Breath Water additive" "Pets are Kids Too Premium Dog & Cat Dental Spray"

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m against the water additives. I believe cats should have access to fresh water. They may dislike the additive and avoid the water bowl even more. Best thing is good old fashioned teeth brushing. If that’s not possible then dentals are needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mari333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m against the water additives. I believe cats should have access to fresh water. They may dislike the additive and avoid the water bowl even more. Best thing is good old fashioned teeth brushing. If that’s not possible then dentals are needed.
Good point, I don't want them to start avoiding water.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Do you think it would be possible to brush your cat’s teeth? This article is helpful: How To Brush Your Cat's Teeth

If not, you can ask your vet for some dental food. I believe most dental food is prescription (like Hills T/D). You wouldn’t need to feed exclusively dental food, I believe it’s something like 12 pieces a day is supposed to be equivalent to a brushing. Dental chew toys are also an option. Check out this article: What Tcs Members Use: Cat Dental Health Care