Oral Alternative To Revolution

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Revolution flea med works well for Max but, without going into detail, it's a struggle to apply. Is there a pill that has similar effectiveness. Thanks.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you asked the vet for a parasite preventative that comes in pills or a liquid that can be mixed with food? Heartgard is one heartworm preventative that is a chewable tablet. It does not treat fleas or other parasites.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does he need heartworm meds, does he go outside?
Max is actually Maxine. She doesn't go out, and has never had heartworms. That was just a side benefit of Revolution. I'd settle for flea protection only. Do you recall the name of the product on Amazon? Thanks .

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you asked the vet for a parasite preventative that comes in pills or a liquid that can be mixed with food? Heartgard is one heartworm preventative that is a chewable tablet. It does not treat fleas or other parasites.
Not yet. Thought I'd try here first.

CrystalRain22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this is a really old thread but I thought I would reply to it anyway because I do know the name of the oral suspension on Amazon and would like to help! It's Program, it doesn't kill fleas but it basically makes them infertile. Capstar is usually used with it to kill the adult fleas while Program makes any eggs that were laid not viable.

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this is a really old thread but I thought I would reply to it anyway because I do know the name of the oral suspension on Amazon and would like to help! It's Program, it doesn't kill fleas but it basically makes them infertile. Capstar is usually used with it to kill the adult fleas while Program makes any eggs that were laid not viable.
Thanks. Will check it out.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Comfortis requires a prescription but it works well. It's an oral medication for fleas only.

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Comfortis requires a prescription but it works well. It's an oral medication for fleas only.
Will check wiith vet .thanks .