One Of My Cats Wont Eat

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the grain free ones have rice. I think rice is considered a grain.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@2-cute cats All grain-free canned food does not have rice in it because rice is grain. It is possible to get runny stools for a day or two when switching to a new food, especially if you don't do a slow transition.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

craftygal

I am at a loss about cat food
Young Cat
Purraise
@2-cute cats All grain-free canned food does not have rice in it because rice is grain. It is possible to get runny stools for a day or two when switching to a new food, especially if you don't do a slow transition.
Thanks the reply. So I went to Walmart and got alot of cans Fancy Feast classic. He ereally likes it. have giving him 1/2 half of the in the morning and he eats alot of it there is about 1-2 spoonfuls left. The only thing is, I gave three flavors, ocean whitefish, Turkey and giblets and beef. He had mushy stools after the Turkey and giblet, I dont know why. I buy the single cans so I can get Fish flavors along with poultry and beef. the site that I order, when I get thru cans, they have a 12 pack of only seafood flavors, dont sell the poultry and beef.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@2-cute cats Chewy has the 12-pack/24-pack of seafood & poultry/beef variety in various textures, I believe. I would suggest to limit the amount of fish flavors you give him due to possible high mercury. Mine really enjoys Classic Chicken, Turkey & Giblet, and I do occasionally give him Classic Beef. I stick to the classics lol

craftygal

Young Cat
Purraise
@2-cute cats Chewy has the 12-pack/24-pack of seafood & poultry/beef variety in various textures, I believe. I would suggest to limit the amount of fish flavors you give him due to possible high mercury. Mine really enjoys Classic Chicken, Turkey & Giblet, and I do occasionally give him Classic Beef. I stick to the classics lol
Well I started back him back to Fancy Feast classic. Some did not agree with Turkey and and giblets and another one was chopped Grill in pate form. Gave him diarrhea. He had no problem with the seafood feast or salmon. What does it mean. I know that Chewy sells the 12 pack in seafood only. Otherwise you have to buy more fore cans. I dont buy 24 cans right now, I thought every thing came together and then this.

cindigal

craftygal

Young Cat
Purraise
Friskies pate has rice in it try that
I took the labels off on 3 or 4 cans. Examine the ingredients. There is no rice in it whatsoever. The print is so small I had to get my magnifying glass to read it.

craftygal

Young Cat
Purraise
Friskies pate has rice in it try that
Do you mean Friskies pate in 5 oz cans?? I did that for many years, although its is kinda inferior to other foods. Why did I stop it?. Well, Tiger got immune to it for so long time that he started to get diarrhea from the Friskies.

craftygal

Young Cat
Purraise
Do you mean Friskies pate in 5 oz cans?? I did that for many years, although its is kinda inferior to other foods. Why did I stop it?. Well, Tiger got immune to it for so long time that he started to get diarrhea from the Friskies.
I had a few cans of Friskies pate till I go shopping. Was sooo frustrating, i opened the salmon and he liked alot, the negative side was he got diarrhea. Is it the salmon that made him have diarrhea? So what to do now? I talked to an agent from online store and chatted about food. I made mention all the brands that he walked from. Is Tiger really too picky with everything I gave him?. The agent understood my problem and was looking up food that has variety, in pate form. She sent link to a 9 lives food. I said sorry to her and whoa, i would never buy that brand, its the bottom of the barrel. Its so inferior to others. Than she send a link to Meow Mix, toppers and pate. I never thought about Meow mix with toppers on pate. Have anyone bought this before?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats won't eat 9Lives. Meow Mix is okay, but every single flavor has a lot of fish in it.

Notorious pets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We use Nature's Variety Instinct, and often alternate wet and dry or sometimes give both. Mornings = dry, midday = wet, evenings = dry. Sometimes wet with bits of kibble around it. We adjust according to how well they eat and how their stool is as well. One cat likes mostly the dry, the other requires wet food. So far this has been working. It's been 3 years. At first, we did have to try many kinds of food to find what they both like, and what their stomachs can handle. we bought 1 can of 20 different varieties to find what works.

craftygal

Young Cat
Purraise
We use Nature's Variety Instinct, and often alternate wet and dry or sometimes give both. Mornings = dry, midday = wet, evenings = dry. Sometimes wet with bits of kibble around it. We adjust according to how well they eat and how their stool is as well. One cat likes mostly the dry, the other requires wet food. So far this has been working. It's been 3 years. At first, we did have to try many kinds of food to find what they both like, and what their stomachs can handle. we bought 1 can of 20 different varieties to find what works.
Tiger doesn't like dry. I looked up at Nature's Variety instinct. They don't have it in pate form and doesn't come in packs with variety. I wouldn't buy one fllavor in case he didn't like it and then throwing more money down. I was panicky because I had 4 days till next shopping. Which be today. My son cant drive me to the store. I shop every 2 weeks and today he cant go. So I ordered Meow in mean time just in case. He likes it. I only give him not even 1/2 of the tub. I hope this will held him till I go shopping next.