On the newfound joys of the housefly

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've always hated it when a giant house fly gets indoors and buzzes around everywhere... until tonight. I was playing laser with Juno and suddenly the red dot lost all interest. It took me a beat to realize she had found REAL prey to chase. Man, watching her chase that fly all over the house, running along her kitty superhighway and enjoying herself so much, was a real treat to behold.

Of course, not enough that I want buggy visitors on a regular basis...

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always hated it when a giant house fly gets indoors and buzzes around everywhere... until tonight. I was playing laser with Juno and suddenly the red dot lost all interest. It took me a beat to realize she had found REAL prey to chase. Man, watching her chase that fly all over the house, running along her kitty superhighway and enjoying herself so much, was a real treat to behold.

:lol: wait until you see her snatch it out of mid air and things get knocked off counters and shelves:lol:

shesgonestella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Mine will HURL themselves after a fly, with absolute no concern to what is in their paths. Often walls.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of my cat josie. Sleeping in bed I woke up to see my cat hopping in my bedroom. She was trying to catch a roach!
Reminds me of the time, maybe couple years ago. We were in bed, watching TV, and Austin was after stomething over by the wall. Pretty soon he jumped up on the bed and deposited a live palmetto bug (roach) between us. You never saw two fat old fools move so fast to get off the bed. Of course we praised him after we dispatched it. I sincerely hate those things.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of the time, maybe couple years ago. We were in bed, watching TV, and Austin was after stomething over by the wall. Pretty soon he jumped up on the bed and deposited a live palmetto bug (roach) between us. You never saw two fat old fools move so fast to get off the bed. Of course we praised him after we dispatched it. I sincerely hate those things.
I use a paper bag to scoop it up and put outside. Critters crawl right in. I have never seen one crawl backwards

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a paper bag to scoop it up and put outside. Critters crawl right in. I have never seen one crawl backwards
thanks for the tip! I have been using a plastic cup with a cover of some kind. Not the easiest way. I am going to try a paper bag next time I see a bug (hopefully not too soon).

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the tip! I have been using a plastic cup with a cover of some kind. Not the easiest way. I am going to try a paper bag next time I see a bug (hopefully not too soon).
Or 2 paper cups one to scoop then hold together

Mr. Mojo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha! My boy Mojo was chasing 2 big houseflies all over the apt today and assisted in their ultimate demise. Playtime session replaced by real hunting session. 👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on Juno and the Fly (ok, maybe this was a different fly):

As Juno was standing in the doorway (as cats are wont to do), trying to decide whether to come outside to her tent, a fly got in. Argh! But for the for first time, I was actually excited for it. Took Juno only a minute or two catch it and EAT IT. I love my little predator!