OMG some ppl just dont have a brain!

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed a few colonies of strays in my sub and this one clown came up to me with an attitude and he doesnt like me feeding them because their poops smell. Fair enough. I asked him where he lives and he said it doesnt matter, he just doesnt likee what im doing. I told him i didnt feed the cat in front of his house and it’s a public road. Why can’t people inderstand this simple concept? Just because you live there doessnt mean you own the whole street. So what am i to do guys? Im so freaking upset rn.

Btw this happened 5 mins ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ikr. I almost exploded on the idiot. I drove away but this will happen again for sure.

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed a few colonies of strays in my sub and this one clown came up to me with an attitude and he doesnt like me feeding them because their poops smell. Fair enough. I asked him where he lives and he said it doesnt matter, he just doesnt likee what im doing. I told him i didnt feed the cat in front of his house and it’s a public road. Why can’t people inderstand this simple concept? Just because you live there doessnt mean you own the whole street. So what am i to do guys? Im so freaking upset rn.

Btw this happened 5 mins ago.
Hi,I live in Spain and people are usually a total asshole here.
My mother feed stray cats and a neighbour called the police and said that the cats go into his house (he lives in a SECOND floor) and these cats were living in a abandoned yard that has a wall with a hole so that the cats can go out and in and this dumbass put things into the hole so that the cats die because of no food and no water

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Try to calm down for your own sake, and that of the cats. Having a stroke or getting in this guy's face and then having him accuse you of threatening him is not going to help. Oddly, there are several cases of this on TCS right now. The don't put the poster on "my" lightpole and don't park on "my" street to check on your cats. Most of these people do cease and desist. They are bullies or animal haters, blow off steam, and go back into whatever hole they crawled out of.

Are there any ordinances that prevent you from feeding where you are? Can the feeding station be moved at all to a place that is less public, and I don't mean miles away, even a few feet or around a corner? Remove all dishes even if you have to train the cats to come and eat at a certain time. Can you explain what you are doing and hopefully it involves TNR? Alley Cat Allies has on their site a number of resources in that section that might help you if you have to defend yourself to this person. I am not going to link any because you will probably need to search around yourself to find what might help.

Home

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is what i do everynight. After getting off from work, i prepared dried cat food with a little bit of canned food mixed into a plastic container then drove around my subdivision while tossing the food out my car window. I made sure to avoid his house. This is actually the second times we went back and forth. The first time was two weeks ago. Had the guy speak to me nicely in the first place, then i’d have fed the cats a it further away from his house but no… the idiot had to cop an attitude.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright:. We live in a world of unsophisticated, ignorant bullies. Fortunately, just like feral cats, we keep quiet, observe, adjust our strategy and keep mustering on. Remember that "knowledge is your power until you give it (the knowledge) away" - I learned that from working for very successful criminal defense lawyers. You are doing good & your TCS family is wishing the best for you! :soldier:
:cheerleader::grouphug::rock:

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. I will keep on trucking and ignore smooth brains). Will concentrate on the strays instead.