Omg! I had a baby!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My water broke at about 10:45. By the time we got checked into the hospital the contractions were pretty painful, I labored at an 8 for about five hours and finally opted for an epidural. I was dissapointed.

Dylan Kent was born at 9:59, weighed 7 lb, 6.5 oz and was 21 inches long. He had a HUGE head!

Breastfeeding isn't coming easy, but I'm determined!

He is asleep on me now, he has pouty lips and has smiled in his sleep twice! I'm in love! But I do miss my kitties. I take comfort in the fact they probably don't miss us yet!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! I saw your post on FB and I wondered if Dylan had finally arrived! YEY!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's wonderful!!! and of course we need pictures!

for you, proud daddy, furry sisters!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My gosh, you are addicted to you laptop!
Actually, I'm going to guess they were in poking and prodding at you early this morning and will be back (probably around the same time I'm posting or not long after) - such is the way of hospitals. You don't get much rest.

I hope you can get in the routine of things with feeding Dylan so you to can get out earlier. They usually don't like letting women out if there's a feeding issue.

I know you're probably pretty sore, too. That you heal up quick. Take care of yourself and take it easy when you get home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

My gosh, you are addicted to you laptop!
Actually, I'm going to guess they were in poking and prodding at you early this morning and will be back (probably around the same time I'm posting or not long after) - such is the way of hospitals. You don't get much rest.

I hope you can get in the routine of things with feeding Dylan so you to can get out earlier. They usually don't like letting women out if there's a feeding issue.

I know you're probably pretty sore, too. That you heal up quick. Take care of yourself and take it easy when you get home.
We have to stay 2-3 days. I had group B strep, not a big deal a bacteria that lives on your skin at sometimes, but it can make the baby sick. Chances are low, even if I had no treatment for it, but I was in labor long enough to get two courses. So he'll be ok, its just their policy.

I haven't been able to sleep yet. The nurses pretty much stayed out for quite a while, I just didn't want to put him down yet! MIL is coming soon, so hopefully DH and I can get some sleep before the flood of visitors.

He's doing better at feeding. He's just not too hungry yet. I'm worried about how it will work with the visitors. Guess, they'll just have to leave.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

Welcome Dylan! Yay, another cat lover born into the world!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SQUUUEEEEEEE!!!! SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! And everyone is healthy and OK! Whew!!

Welcome to the world, little Dylan!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO GLAD you didn't need to be induced! And it sounds like a long labor, but what wonderful news and YAY that you are both doing so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!