OMG I got a SS Gift ALREADY!!!! Received Thread 2011

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
There are some lovely things thats for sure
 Does anyone know how many of us signed up for S S? just that the list doesnt seem very long

The list is those who have received gifts and posted here, not the entire list of people participating.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!! I got my package! no thanks to evil mail personnel
Thank you to my wonderful SS nurseangel!! the kitties and i got some fabulous gifts! The pics are a little dark cause i realized after I took them all my flash was off- anyhoo

the spread:

a lovely poem, are you published?

an awesome bookmark that is already tucked in my latest Kathy Reichs book!

super duper strength cat nip pillows and a ton of cat treats!

here is my sister's cat, Baby, who is 17 years old btw, getting busy with the nip! it is underneath his chin, he was rubbing all over it and it was a wet little pillow when he was done

a very cool slate magnet with a fleur-de-lis and a kitty painted on it... from New Orleans!

an equally cool "I Collect Llamas" magnet

a pair of gorgeous blue Laurel Burch cat socks- I have a green pair that I absolutely love, so these are perfect!!!

a Charlotte, NC keychain to add to my collection

and in the open last envelop this amazing llama card and an iTunes gift card!!

I also got a container of hot cocoa from Ghana which says it has the best in the world
a bag of lindor truffles and a Nerds rope, which I had never had, but was very tasty- yes it is gone
and a cute notepad with my initial on it- I love those kind of things!
Thank you so much, Angie!! everything was awesome!!
You are very welcome, Katie! 
  I had a wonderful time shopping for you.  And I must say, my gift wrapping looks much better in pictures than it did in person. 
It took a few attempts to get those lollipops secured to the package.  (The magnet wasn't initially supposed to be on the front of that package...it was covering a little tear in the paper caused by the lollipops. 
)  Oh, and I am not published yet.  Haven't even been writing since Stephen King's new book came out. 

Last edited:

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So how many world wide are participating ?
there are right around 50 participating :santa:

You are very welcome, Katie!  :hugs:   I had a wonderful time shopping for you.  And I must say, my gift wrapping looks much better in pictures than it did in person.  :crackup: It took a few attempts to get those lollipops secured to the package.  (The magnet wasn't initially supposed to be on the front of that package...it was covering a little tear in the paper caused by the lollipops.  :anon: )  Oh, and I am not published yet.  Haven't even been writing since Stephen King's new book came out.  :anon: :anon: :anon:

I didn't even notice! I thought the wrapping job was great and the paper was so cute!!!

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a package in the mail today, guess what was inside?

SS GIFTS!

Thank you to my SS, mrblanche. The kitties love the laser pointer and the toy mice, as soon as I get to use a camera, I'll upload some pictures. The calendars are great too, I'll need to take a while to look at the magazines you sent. The cats love the treats, Jazzy doesn't stop trying to open them. The watches are great, thank you so much. I am not sure how to change the digital time on the silver Seiko though. I'll try to get some photos of me wearing the shirt as well. Thanks once again, Mike!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jazzythecat:

Wasn't sure about the watches.  Not sure if the Waltham works; I put a new battery in it, but it didn't look promising.

The Texas Instruments watch was one of the first reasonably priced LCD watches, and it was expensive; it probably approached a week's pay, when it was first released. Quickly went down to about an hour's pay!

If you send me your waist size, I'll tool you a Texas belt!

Last edited:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping that my recipient receives their gifts soon,they were posted a week ago.I am totally stumped as to who my ss is,I can only think of jennyranson who lives in france I don't know anyone else but I know she isn't my ss
 I have managed not to open them yet,i will on my birthday which is next thursday.x

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milkmaid is offline right now, she has a computer crisis and is waiting to get a new box sent - she thinks hers got fried in a thunderstorm yesterday. As to whether or not she is your SS, only she can answer!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I got my box!!!!

...and in true darksider fashion (DH laughed his butt off at me) I had it open before it even hit the table.

In addition to a lovely card I got an absolutely gorgeous, handmade cat figurine from new Mexico and an adorable (and warm!) fleece kitty hat based on a video game character from the 90's...SS, my guess is either Blaze or Amy from Sonic Drift...am I close?

So a big thank you to my SS
...I think I know who you are but I'm not certain yet. I'll post pics as soon as I find my camera cord.