Old member of catsite Happily returned

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I'm the parent of my first and only cat minish (5). I'm an academic, live alone and she's my only pet as she prefers to be the center of attention.

I found her as a stray kitten left for starvation, I could count her ribs, a tail like a rodent, her furless ears bigger than her face. Strictly a "dog person" up to date, I couldn't just let her be. Few weeks of extensive feeding ad care, she bacame a beauty, showing personality. She is incredibly confident with people, prefers to sit in the middle of conversations, and very vocal herself, with her demanding meauvs, excited trills and trying yowls now and then for attention. Hates lapsitting, loves songs with her name in it, sometimes sleeps on my chest and has a different relationship with people in her life (me as foodgiver and play buddy, my boyfriend as wrestling buddy, my brother as her competition and my mom as her mother angel)

When I adopted this storm of energy with teeth and claws, I had no idea how to manage her. and since she had to live indoors for most of the year (in the summer she goes to our summer house and lives indoors-outdoors), I was lost. In my country most cats live as semi-pets (strays but they have names and people taking regular care of them) and few friends with cats were of no help (their cats were like house decorations, not the demanding creature I had)

Two sources helped me most: thecatsite and wayofcats blog by Pamela Merritt (unfortunately not free as before). I joined this forum around the time minish was 6 months old, in the "teenager" phase, just to read, for problems or questions I had (nutrition, psychology, wellness..) the members' posts were so helpful (even vets have no idea about some of the specifics) that I decided to return to the forum for sharing my experiences as well
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Hope all of you and your companions happiness and health!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome back to TCS! :welcomeback2: Thank you for sharing the pics of your lovely girl and giving her a forever home.:kneading:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome back. :wave2: Oh... what a beauty. :catlove:

Kurisunium

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, welcome back. Minish is so adorable, my Michi is the same, don't want divided attention when I'm with her lol.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome back! MY HOW SHE HAS GROWN! And she has grown in grace and beauty.

1587435817667.png