Oh dear, hair color gone wrong

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a calico!!!

In life, the ends are not black, nor is the top of my head, it is a very strange prismatic color. In some light, it looks orange, in other light, a very pretty bronze. In the sun, it's gold, in other light, it's red! In my bathroom mirror, it's almost a green brunette drab brown.
The magical mystery hair!
Its a demi color so it will wash out, but I kind of like it!
My hair is not that damaged looking, this was taken right after a wash, fly away city!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking good.
I think hair is prettiest when it looks like different colors in different lights.

Mine looks grey in the sun, but in the dark it also looks grey. Then in the mirror, it looks grey.
I guess its grey.

Maybe it's time for a trip to the drug store!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow!!

I like hair that looks shiny and changes in the sun. ^_^

My hair right now looks like fire when the sun hits it.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how your hair looks!

Once, I dyed my brown hair a plum color. The finished product was a metallicish purple.

I came home from my friend's house with my hair like that and my Mom freaked out. Even though I was an adult, since I was living at home, she insisted that I change it. So I went to the beauty supply store and got some different supplies. I ended up bleaching it twice and adding light brown hair dye. The finished color was neon Orange and very dry. Mom wished she had never said anything about the purple.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calico, huh? May that explains the "tortitude".

I miss my dark sable brown hair. I had to take after my Dad's side of the family and go grey early.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love how nice and long your hair is, Im trying to grow mine back to a similar length! Just looks like some nice light highlights to me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the compliments!
Snake_lady, my hair is actually very fine, the demi kind of perked it up a bit giving a bit of volume.
A demi color for those who don't know is a color that washes out in about 20 or so shampoos. It has a teeny bit of peroxide in it, enough to open the hair to let the color sit just beneath the hair surface. Much less damaging than permenant color. You can't go lighter with a demi, just darker.
I was a bleach blonde with about 4 inches of roots growing out, tried to go back to my natural color with a perm. color, a dark blonde/light brown, it worked OKish, but faded into orange and I was still two toned from the roots. I got this color to combat the brassyness , that worked out well! Its OK, a happy accident, though I would definatly not reccomend the product to others. I probably can't say brand names, but it rhymes with blarol hatul minstcts frass blee gruneets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

Looking good.
I think hair is prettiest when it looks like different colors in different lights.

Mine looks grey in the sun, but in the dark it also looks grey. Then in the mirror, it looks grey.
I guess its grey.

Maybe it's time for a trip to the drug store!
No no no!!! Grey hair is beautiful! I fully plan on being one of those old ladies with a long grey/white braid down my back!

I say white because my dad's hair is silver white, so fingers crossed, genetics will smile on me and turn me silver.