Officially Introducing Our New Girl RiRi

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s been 6 days since we got RiRi! We have seen her come out of her shell more and more! I think Remi is slightly holding her back when it comes to exploring and being around us. I can tell that RiRi wants to be around us and when we keep her in her “base” camp/room she will meow for awhile and stops once we open the door. She was in just her base camp for about two days before fully exploring the apartment. She is very cuddly and curious but I think Remi scares her off a bit and sometimes she feels like she can’t explore or be by us because he’s around. We acclimated them by following the steps on the catsite for cat introductions. First by scent, then some visual through a cracked door along with feeding them by each other on the opposite sides of the door. At first Remi hissed at her and would always watch her (you can see an example of this in one of the videos included in the album I linked). She was very submissive and would just sit there and ignore him, not really even looking at him. I think she has grown a little tired of him at this point and will sometimes hiss and paw at him but does not actually touch him. They are able to be civil when they are further apart and today there was even more progress (you can see them playing near each other in one of the other videos). I’m just not sure if hissing and pawing every now is okay or if I should start the steps over again. I would think that I hopefully wouldn't have to restart the steps when reflecting on todays latest progress. There hasn’t been any actual fighting which is good, I just wouldn’t want it to progress to that (especially since we have not cut RiRi’s nails yet - they are very sharp but I have been waiting because I don’t know how she will react). Feel free to offer any advice or stories of your own that you may have! I am excited to get to know RiRi even more which will hopefully keep happening as Remi gets more used to her. :)

I have attached the album below that have some videos and pictures:

9BA270FC-D899-4529-8B77-B28F80D7ABA9_1_201_a.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like you're making great progress. And, of course, both your cats are darling. :lovecat3: