Off And On Spraying

Deilla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had a urinary problem a couple of years ago and that's when he started spraying the walls. After medication and new food he would still do it when nervous. His health was fine. Or maybe he disliked his litter box. Or both. I don't know. I purchased more litter boxes and put them where he was spraying the most. That solved the problem for months. But recently he started going outside his litter box again. He just had a check up. I have Feliway. I'm trying CBD pet treats now. Perhaps that will help with his anxiety. He tends to get worked up a couple of times a day.

Has anyone here tried CBD for their pets? Have you had good experiences?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
I think that you also need to try and find out what is causing him to be upset, and I'm thinking there are animals outside your home? Can you (depending on where you are) set up a motion activated sprinkler, or scatter citrus peels around outside and even utilize a citrus scented furniture polish sprayed on things?

Keeping in mind that every cat is different, I found thes
Need Advice For Feral/semi-feral Mom

Cbd Oil For Cats?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry about your cat's litter box issues.

But recently he started going outside his litter box again. He just had a check up.
Was the checkup before or after he started going outside the litter box again?

Also, are you using an Enzyme cleaner to clean where he pees? That's the only way to totally remove the urine scent. You can also get a black light to check for any places you may have missed.

How To Remove Cat Urine Odor From Your Home
How To Remove Cat Urine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Deilla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since he started going outside the box, he's had 2 check ups. So I figure it's behavioral. Thanks for the black light tip. I'll have to try that. Where I live there are other cats that come around. But usually when it's warmer. These past couple of days he's been fine. I think he was upset this last time because I got rid of a pile of boxes that he played in and around. He doesn't like the CBD treat. I'll see how he does over the next few days.