Odrick: The New Guy

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey ya'll,

I'm not new around here but wanted to formally introduce my kitten, Odrick (Odge). He is a 4 month old F2B Savannah and a complete lover boy.

I lost my soul kitty, Malibu, to lymphoma in March and was completely taken by surprise & devastated. I had planned for a few years that when Malibu passed, I was going to get a Savannah. I just thought it would have been years down the road :sniffle: Malibu was only 12 years old. I was not at all ready to let him go.

I followed through with my plan and contacted the breeder that I knew I wanted to get a kitten from. She is a reputable & ethical breeder and is very well respected in the Savannah community. I brought Odrick home on 6/13/2018.

I still have my sweet 7yo DLH, Kali who I adore with all of my heart. I prayed that my new kitten would mesh with our little family dynamic well & not upset my girl too much. After a 2 week quarantine, keeping Odrick in my bedroom with no access to Kali, I finally introduced them almost 4 weeks ago. Things have been OK. She does not really like him too much just yet. She will hiss at him if he gets too close but there has been no fighting & Kali doesn't appear to be stressed out. She's not hiding or running, still napping in her favorite spots, etc. They are only separated when I'm at work & that isn't because I don't think they'd get along but because I put Odrick's lunch in his auto feeder & I don't want Kali to eat his food.

We are all together when I'm home & when we're sleeping. Kali is still not sleeping with me in the bedroom because she's not 100% comfortable being that close to Odrick yet. I do think we will all be sleeping together one day, though. I keep pondering the idea of implementing a No Cats In The Bedroom rule but I haven't put it into effect.

It has been really nice to have him here. It does help with the broken heart of losing my sweet boy :frown: Having a new pet definitely doesn't make you forget about the loss of another special cat but it does provide a good distraction.

Here are my two:

And this was the other night when Odge jumped in the bathtub with me :dizzy::

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved Malibu. Saying goodbye to one you love is always hard, but when it is a younger one and unexpected it is worse. You always feel there was unfinished business. You have my deepest sympathy.:grouphug:
Congratulations on your beautiful new baby. Sometimes a precious little one is a way to look forward with hope. I'm sure Odrick will help heal your heart.:redheartpump: With patience and love your Kali will warm up to him as well.
BTW- I think morning snuggles are awesome so I would vote for keeping that bedroom door open!:):catrub:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Odrick is gorgeous. And Kali is a beauty too. Hope they eventually become besties. :catlove:

Condolences on the loss of your soul kitty, Malibu. :alright: RIP sweet boy. :angel3: