Odd And Disturbing Sores On Harley's Mouth

Bre4416

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cat is Harley. I've noticed these sores on his upper lip. The large one on the left is still bad but the one on the right has gotten worse. They started a few months ago and will be bad then heal then come back. I'm worried about him. I think the big one could get infected easily. I have no idea what could cause it. He's an inside cat with no other pets and the 3 of us dote on him. Any ideas on what it is/what is causing it and what I can do to fix it?

Thank you all.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rodent ulcer---look it up for more info. It's an auto-immune disorder. It may just be due to seasonal allergies or it may be a chronic issue. Yes, a vet visit is needed, and some people have found various natural remedies, including diet change, to be helpful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bre4416

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I will schedule a vet visit soon! I also found some articles where they used products that helped (Colloidal Silver, L-Lysine chews, and "Epic Pet Health Repair" drops to name a few.) I will talk about them with the vet to see if any would help. If he heals up with their help, I will post a tread with the names of what I used. Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bre4416

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just an update:
Harley has gotten about 1/2-3/4 tsp of the colloidal silver and 10 drops of the "Epic Pet Health Repair" per day for a couple of weeks. It looks like they have healed the sores with just 2 very small scars to show for it. He is a much happier cat. Thank you guys for the help. :)