Contest October Picture Of The Month: Cats Greeting

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MeezerMamaMia You are indeed SO fortunate!!! My Sun escaped through an insecure screen some years back. I was FRANTIC and called my ex to come help look for him, He is the one who finally found him later that same night, hunched under a car on a nearby street. Sun was all black, and had FIP, so it was both difficult and essential to find him right away. How well I know your relief!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@MeezerMamaMia You are indeed SO fortunate!!! My Sun escaped through an insecure screen some years back. I was FRANTIC and called my ex to come help look for him, He is the one who finally found him later that same night, hunched under a car on a nearby street. Sun was all black, and had FIP, so it was both difficult and essential to find him right away. How well I know your relief!
we lost drommie once for about an hour. I found her under the next door neighbors patio. she had no idea where she was. literally next door.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we lost drommie once for about an hour. I found her under the next door neighbors patio. she had no idea where she was. literally next door.
According to an article in the latest BEST FRIENDS magazine and experts in cat rescue, indoor cats hide very close to their escape point, while cats who go out may range up to 1/3 mile or even farther from their escape point. You're very fortunate, too!!!:yess:

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Entry
Freya greeting her squirrel friend (A few squirrels come up to that window, and she thinks most of them look good to hunt, but one of them she has tried to make friends with, go figure...)

The video below isn't an entry ( because it's a video) but is on topic and a fun video

Kitty0619

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY: This is a very special greeting because it was literally minutes after I found my sweet girl Mia a.k.a Mama... after escaping one night and being gone for 16 miserable, horrible, heart wrenching days.
We searched everywhere.. that morning I just happened to check my live trap at 6 am and saw her walking down my sidewalk as if she had no idea where she was. She ran to me and was soooo happy. My heart started beating again that day. She lost 4 pounds, was dirty and dehydrated and exhausted. The 2nd pic is shortly after where she went in the basement to get some SAFE rest.

View attachment 257959 View attachment 257960
You are so incredibly lucky that you found her! I am so happy for you both. 5 years ago, my husband and I moved with my cat Rascal to North Dakota for my husbands job. Two days after we moved into our rented home my husband opened the door and before he could do anything Rascal ran out the door. I instantly ran out and found him under my husband's truck and was pulling him out by the nape of his neck when a drunk neighbor came wandering over and scared Rascal and he twisted out of my hand. I looked all night with a flashlight and then looked every day for months. Finally I realized he wasn't coming back. I think all the time if only I would've held on tighter or if that drunk neighbor would have stayed away.... we lived there for two years but I never saw any sign of Rascal again. So, I love when I hear story's like yours. I am very glad for you both and I can only imagine the joy you felt when you found her again.

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was on my other computer I hadn't gone thru this one. lol. I do have a greeting photo. this pic has three cats but only one is saying hello.

Entry Drommie and her stretchy paw (tm)of greet along with two sleepy males tibby and meomoto

it's very funny. she actually does do this as a sign of hello, want, need, askance. before she gets on my lap I get a stretchy paw. if I return the stretchy paw it's instant upon my lap. if i do not she waits a few minutes lol. it's used for all sorts of things. here was an oh hai, how yah doing? I've been hunting wabbits.
Bruce does the out stretched paw to ask for everything and to greet me as well, it's so very sweet and the only cat I've ever had that does it like he's saying hey you pick me.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so incredibly lucky that you found her! I am so happy for you both. 5 years ago, my husband and I moved with my cat Rascal to North Dakota for my husbands job. Two days after we moved into our rented home my husband opened the door and before he could do anything Rascal ran out the door. I instantly ran out and found him under my husband's truck and was pulling him out by the nape of his neck when a drunk neighbor came wandering over and scared Rascal and he twisted out of my hand. I looked all night with a flashlight and then looked every day for months. Finally I realized he wasn't coming back. I think all the time if only I would've held on tighter or if that drunk neighbor would have stayed away.... we lived there for two years but I never saw any sign of Rascal again. So, I love when I hear story's like yours. I am very glad for you both and I can only imagine the joy you felt when you found her again.
Kitty0619 Kitty0619 I am so sorry that Rascal didn't reunite with you!!!