Occasional Sneezing?

a028

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 5 year old kitty has been sneezing for about the past 2 weeks but not a whole lot. He only does it about 2-4 times a day. Other than that he is eating just fine and acting like himself but sometimes when he sleeps I can hear him snore.

He's an indoor cat but I do like to take him outside with me on a leash (and in a stroller) to the park. I live in a tiny apartment and he gets restless and likes to explore. He's never had contact with any other animal on our trips but I'm worried he picked up a virus anyway.

I can stop with our outside exploring for now & I might pick up an air purifier tomorrow because I could use one too, but other than that, is this a vet-trip worthy problem? Or if I just keep a closer eye on him, he'll get better on his own? I don't have a whole lot of money right now so I can't just take him in every time I get worried like I used to lol

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A vet visit is always good if something odd starts happening. He could be having allergies, or it could be something more serious if there is breathing problems? not sure about the snore.
Do you use clay litter? sometimes the dust form clay litter is a problem. might want to try a less dusty one, or one of the natural litters? i like the grass ones that are coming out now. :) Hopefully no problems and he is fine.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it becoming allergy season where you live. I know, personally, I've started sneezing just the last few weeks myself. So it could definitely be allergies.

Any many cats snore. We even have threads about it. Here's just one: Anyone Else Have A Cat That Snores?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snoring is pretty common and I don't think it in itself is cause for alarm. Occasional sneezes happen with cats too just as they do with humans. I would monitor him. What you don't want to see are sneezing fits and snot. Watch for watery eyes and lethargy or not eating/drinking. If any of these symptoms show take him to the vet.