Nutri Source?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have never fed any of the food. However, a quick look at them and their ingredients it seems like a decent food (at least their grain free options). I'd probably do a quick ranking from what I saw putting it slightly above average. The dry food does have chickpeas which means the protein is likely slightly inflated by plant proteins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. This is one of the options at the higher end pet store.

Other options:
Fromm
Acana/Orijen
Natural Balance
Taste of the Wild

I am not interested in Natural Balance, Taste of the Wild, or Orijen for various reasons.

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not interested in Natural Balance, Taste of the Wild, or Orijen for various reasons.
Could you tell me why you're not interested in Natural Balance? I've been considering it as a part of my 2 cats' diet. It's not insanely expensive, and I thought it could provide them good variety from the Friskies and Fancy Feast they currently get.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fed Natural Balance once, and I think it was a recall or something, or not liking some of the ingredients. I just don't quite remember, but I know I quit feeding them that. Or was it that it was bought by one of the big companies like Diamond? I need to think about the reasons for awhile

Taste of the Wild I think was bought by Diamond, who I believe are not a great company and having periodic recalls. There was a recall on Wild. I fed them that too at one time. I used to love and feed them California Natural before they got bought out by Diamond, and they too had a recall.

Orijen I've heard had changed their ingredients and not as good as they used to be. Plus, it's a food that Swanie's tummy doesn't take to.

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My pet store owner just said he is getting in the full nutrisource line..... it seems ok and I may try it. He's adding it because another line is being discontinued...Evo

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i looked at the nutrisource wet foods. I have a problem with the agar-agar, personally i dont think its much different than Carrageenan, which i notice that nutrisource mentions they don't use. Just my opinion here. They also have alfalfa and kelp in the ones i looked at, i try to stay away from these if possible.

Does seem to be low in carbs, but quite high in fat?

I try to check the safety of my cat foods too. But honestly i think its very hard to find a company that has not had a recall for one reason or the other. Or the food is made by a manufacturer that has not had a recall.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
My pet store owner just said he is getting in the full nutrisource line..... it seems ok and I may try it. He's adding it because another line is being discontinued...Evo
I did not know that Evo is being discontinued! Does anyone know why? It seemed like a quality food.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not know that Evo is being discontinued! Does anyone know why? It seemed like a quality food.
my cats ate Evo dry for years. i switched them to Dr. Elseys when it came out, they loved it and im glad, because then a few months later Evo let it be known they were discontinued :( From what i read they said due to declining sales?? i dont think my cats ate that much :)