Nut alert!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are any of your kitties as nutty as mine?? They will be laying there all sweet and calm and then all of a sudden, they jump straight up, ARCH their backs, and bounce sideways out of the room!! I swear a ghost is chasing them!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes... I've seen 8-Bit wake from a dead sleep and run around the apartment like his tail was on fire.

Oh, how I've missed these thread titles!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's so cute! I can just picture them doing that too! Mine haven't done that yet, but I have seen a kitty behave that way before. Yesterday Louie didn't realize I was on the chair cause I had my legs up, and I saw him and bent my hand to pet him he about jumped right out of his skin!
It was funny, but I felt horrible, I picked him up & his heartbeat was going SOOOO fast.... poor oblivious little boy....he's got so much other interesting stuff to think about (attacking daddy's ankles, sneaking up on big sis, getting into places Meowmy won't let him), and no time to pay attention!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Jordan really gets in one of his moods he'll go up on my bed & stand on his back feet jumping up & trying to grab something with his front feet. I wonder if it's an angel, or maybe Smokey is trying to tell him to behave better!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Phenom did that yesterday and i wasn't sure what to think!! All I could do was laugh!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari has his just after breakfast. He'll be all over the house and then jump and hang from the door jamb.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris saw the tip of his tail out of the corner of his eye last night, and jumped two feet straight up in the air because it scared him so much!!!
I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I laughed my butt off!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've stopped trying to figure out why my cats are running around like lunatics. It's always at a different time, always for a different reason, and I swear they take "turns"-- Emma will be crazy for a few days, then Oliver will be crazy for a few days, then they'll BOTH be crazy at the same time!!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ferris saw the tip of his tail out of the corner of his eye last night, and jumped two feet straight up in the air because it scared him so much!!!
OK, thanks for sharing that. I've had a bad week & that was a great laugh.

rockysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well my cat kinda does the some thing, at night he just randomly goes insane and chases the air. Its halarious to watch then a couple minutes after that he just rolls over and takes a nice nap.
Its funny I swear my cats on drugs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently nutiness amongst kitties doesn't discrimate with age. I've got four nuts ranging in age from 2 to 13.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smudge is really my only real nut. I love watching him run sideways, puffed up, stiff-legged through the house for who-knows-what reason!

The puppy loves watching him too!

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bob sometimes goes nuts when I watch really bad movies. It's happened twice - during "Impulse" (a cheesy thriller starring William Shatner as a homicidal gigilo) and "Red Zone Cuba" (MST3K fans will know what I'm talking about!). Both times he ran around, terrorizing Freckles and putting his paws on the remote as if to say "turn it off!"

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

Bob sometimes goes nuts when I watch really bad movies. It's happened twice - during "Impulse" (a cheesy thriller starring William Shatner as a homicidal gigilo) and "Red Zone Cuba" (MST3K fans will know what I'm talking about!). Both times he ran around, terrorizing Freckles and putting his paws on the remote as if to say "turn it off!"
Every kitty's a critic.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I´m afriad its only Big Guy Dino whos the freak in our house - awh - you wouldnt think looking at his photo

He does loads of nutty things
1/ sits and stares at cupboards for 20 mins or so - dont ask
2/ jumps out of his skin if you turn a page over in a book
3/ hisses at shoes or the vac

Hes a FREAK

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chessy and Angel do that!! I swear they are doing the Kitty Daytona.. They'll wake up,, bounce out of the room, and run around the house like a nascar race!!! It's amazing!!! Heck I can barely open my eyes when I wake up!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Are any of your kitties as nutty as mine?? They will be laying there all sweet and calm and then all of a sudden, they jump straight up, ARCH their backs, and bounce sideways out of the room!! I swear a ghost is chasing them!!!
You think that's bad Miniman hops around then when he gets to an area rug he leaps over it all of them
I have no idea why he's used to the carpet but he won't run across the area rugs, it's pretty goofy looking