Not sure what breed my cats are

Dabz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The black and white Tux is beautiful. Can u see an M on the other ones head? I believe it's a Tabby mix that probably down the line breeder with a Tabby mix. Hence if the M is apparent which I don't see it on the b&w tux an orange Tabby and probably something mixed with tux mated. You said u adopted them? Do you know if they're from the same litter? Also calicos have to have 3 or more colors not just 3 as so many people have that misconception. A true calico is 4 or more colors. So the one isn't a calico. But I can't make out if there is a M on the black orange and white one. Do you see an M pattern? If so it's a mixed domestic Tabby. I wish that cat communities and vets would stop labeling everything domestic shorthair. There are so many breeds. Many Tux get mistaken for piebalds. Which is so easy to tell the difference. Piebalds are like cows and genetics allow the white to have pink skin underneath and the black fur makes for black skin under the black fur. They're feisty little cats and really differ from the tux. But ur one is a Tux for sure and don't let your vet mark anything to the contrary on the tuxedos paperwork. The other one u could have tested but it's not cheap. Otherwise love them and enjoy them for it doesn't ever really matter to a cat mom. Best regards

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitty09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your feedback I wasn't sure if my female was really a calico or not as I was told she was but she and my tuxedo are from the same litter as the litter consisted of others like her which were all female and a few tuxedo males like him when I got both of them last summer when they were only 2-3 months old about. What I noticed is how big my female got within the time span from the time she was a kitten until now she is much bigger than her brother and they are about 8-9 months as of now. It's hard to tell which breed she is as I've been struggling to figure it out ever since I got her. Her since compared to my tabbies size are pretty close when having them side by side but he still is much bigger than her and my tuxedo.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just to clarify, breed is domestic cat. Tabby is a coat pattern not a breed. Same with tuxedo, being a patterning of black with white coloring