Not kitties but still our sweet girls

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to take so long to get back to thank you all for your lovely messages in tribute to our girls.
. You are all such wonderful, special people. I always hoped and thought that it would be many years before I found it necessary to post here. Sadly, it came much sooner than I though.

Helen - thankyou.

Heidi - We feel the loss of Henrietta and Lottie greatly as they were are two original hens. Losing the baby girls hurt has so much too in a different way. We watched the eggs eagerly wondering when the big event would be. We were so proud of our girls for sitting so beautifully and attentively on the eggs. We were there the day they hatched and held them in our hands.

MoochNNoodles, Karen, Susan and DicknLeah - thank you for your kind thoughts

Sharing our garden with the chickies was wonderful and I wouldn't swap it for the world. Watching them wander around, clucking away to themselves and scratching in the dirt was lovely. Listening to them cluck excitedly, so proud of themselves when they laid an egg was charmingly funny

Stephanie - Stephanie chickie was such a little character and apt to get herself into trouble now and again. I saw her the day before the terrible event, trying to see what three of the others were doing with their heads stuck down a hole they had dug. To try and get a better view, she pecked the others on the heads to get them to move.
Yes they can peck eggs as much as they like now without annoying humans in the way trying to fool them with fake eggs (their golf balls)

Thank you Eileen and Cat lover - how lovely that you raised a foundling sparrow. I was always rescuing little abandoned birds when I was young too.

Nicky and Chris - thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Monica - thank you, yes they were our girls. They were like members of the family to us. When I read that the solution to stop a hen eating her own eggs to was to eliminate her from the flock I was horrified we could never do that. So we read further and found the trick to try and fool them by leaving a fake egg in with them until they got bored of pecking at it.

Thank you Clixpix, Sarah and Jenny. They were much loved. Hubby felt even worse because he was leaving for a 5 day trip that morning, and it was left to me to tell daughter when she returned home for the weekend the following evening. That was also why I delayed a day in posting here, I wanted to tell daughter first.

Beckiboo, Dan, Trout's mom and Furryferals - thank you so much. I'm sure the girls have wings of a different kind now and can torment the kitties at the Bridge. They used to have great fun teasing our kitty girls in the garden

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Beth, I am so sorry
I have just seen this thread for the first time. It doesn't matter that these sweet little girls were not kitties, you loved them so much and it sounds like they brought so much joy to your life. I am so sorry that this happened.

RIP sweet little babies

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What beautiful babies.
How terribly sad.

RIP sweet angels.