Not Exactly New But Haven’t Interacted Much

CAW

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! As you probably guessed from the title (thread name? I dunno) I’ve been a member for some time but I haven’t had the confidence to flex my paws, so to speak.
But there’s no time like the present, so I figured now is as good a time as ever: my beloved Buster is close at hand and my mind is abuzz with various nonsense!

So, you can call me Caw, the idiot I share my home with is named Buster, he is about 12 years old and he was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, since we started treating it he’s really come out of his shell, he’s much more affectionate and will even come up to sit on my lap - something he never did previously.
Buster is a rather reserved cat, in the past he had adored the family Labrador, Pepsi, but in her old age she ended up stepping on him quite often and he stopped showing her consideration when she was stood up or walking around, opting to only approach when she was laying down. When she was at rest he would go over and give her little kisses. I wonder if he misses her...

Well, now I’m just sad.
Moving on, I guess I’ll actually describe him. He looks kinda like his sister and brother - who both had a classic Felix face - but the pattern was placed too far to one side. He’s a shirt hair, born to a pitch black mother and a mystery male. Buster doesn’t really like people and avoids men more than women, probably because he’s just more used to females, being raised in a 3f to 1m human household, along with his sister and Pepsi.

But yeah, that’s me and Buster. From what I’ve seen as a passerby on this site it’s a very friendly community, and I hope to someday comfortably say that I’m a member of said community.

Thanks for spending the time to get to know me, I guess ((does that sound weird, oh never mind)) Have a swell day! ٩(≡'ω'≡)و

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
fd7445a8082591feec2da4bf0c2396de.gif
Caw and Buster,
IMG_3128.GIF

You are definitely a member of this wonderful site. Feel free to ask questions and move around the site and get to know more friendly cats and check-out our great articles section here in :-ams

Do post photos of Buster for us to see too! :camera:

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Caw, I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to introduce yourself and your feline, Buster. :petcat: I completely agree this is both a knowledgeable and welcoming site. We are proud to have you as one of our members too. Please feel free to check out some of the Articles and other available resources.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Glad you found the confidence to flex your paws and introduce yourself and Buster. :petcat:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! There's many places to find people to talk to in this forum. You can even start a thread discussing things that aren't related to your pets. :grouphug:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Caw! You will be very welcomed here as you flex your paws. Personally, I always look for more voices when we are discussing various cat subjects. I enjoy hearing from others. You may be able to enlighten me or others on something. Please do join in. There are some fun threads here. I love your description of Buster and his attitude!
:wave3: