Not Eating

Jackiiiiiiml

TCS Member
Thread starter
Kitten
Joined
Dec 4, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
My cat, Taco, is a very good motivated cat. However, he also eats random objects which cause him to vomit. He recently ate a large string which caused him to vomit multiple times (and he did throw it up). We still took him to MedVet to be sure there wasn’t anything else in his stomach. The vet said he was good so we brought him home to rest for the night. He won’t eat this morning and seems very lethargic. He hasn’t gotten food in him since the vomiting started and I’m worried.
 

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
387
Reaction score
441
Hi, sorry to hear that. Maybe entice him with some wet foods, boiled chicken, deli meat, tuna, or try those lickable treats (bisque or squeeze ups)
Also- gerber meat baby food, make sure its the meat only, Turkey/Beef/Chicken no veggies because there could be onions or onion powder.
See if Taco will lick that up.
 

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Joined
Aug 4, 2014
Messages
958
Reaction score
1,243
Did the vet give him any medication? Typically cerenia (anti-nausea) and something like sucralfate or omeprazole are given to protect the gut and allow it to heal.

It’s not uncommon for them to be nauseous and have pain in the intestines and esophagus after ingesting (and vomiting up) string.

Has he had a bowel movement since bringing him home?
 
Top