Not Eating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We used to order on zooplus, he LOVED granatapet as a kitten. The thing is, it was all chicken and when we introduced it all problems started. Eosinophilic granuloma, diarrhea,teary eyes... But thinking about it, it's a great idea to try another protein of the same brand, because he really went crazy about that food. We do need dry food as well, though, because without it he always has runny stool. I don't know why, it doesn't make much sense, but it's real

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to order on zooplus, he LOVED granatapet as a kitten. The thing is, it was all chicken and when we introduced it all problems started. Eosinophilic granuloma, diarrhea,teary eyes... But thinking about it, it's a great idea to try another protein of the same brand, because he really went crazy about that food. We do need dry food as well, though, because without it he always has runny stool. I don't know why, it doesn't make much sense, but it's real
I think Purizon Lamb dry food has no chicken? But I think it has potato.... You can double check that. If you’d decide to stick to Lamb, I think Catz Finefood Purr has Lamb only recipe. GranataPet has lamb&turkey.
Edit to ask:
I haven’t followed your story but have you ever done PCR both for respiratory track and fecal? Maybe it could give you some answers?

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think Purizon Lamb dry food has no chicken? But I think it has potato.... You can double check that. If you’d decide to stick to Lamb, I think Catz Finefood Purr has Lamb only recipe. GranataPet has lamb&turkey.
Edit to ask:
I haven’t followed your story but have you ever done PCR both for respiratory track and fecal? Maybe it could give you some answers?
Yep, we did PCR on stool, ocular and throat swab. It was all negative.
The vet says it's now food intollerance/allergy for sure, since during anallergenic diet it all went away. All of that: a cat good as new :D
Anyway we tried lamb (a monoproteic italian food, ProLife) and he hated it, he even refused to take a bite, so I am willing to try something else

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he’s not cooperative I see :)
Normally I would recommend kangaroo as I know it works great with some allergic cats, but I don’t think you’ll find dry kangaroo... Unless you can mix proteins to some extent.
Or maybe he will like Catz Finefood Lamb after all? My picky eaters loved it thought they preferred the granata pet lamb&turkey option.
I noticed MACs has mono sensitivite line (I think on promo right now) so maybe you can find something among these cans?
I know Purizon dry is widely loved and accepted.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally I would recommend kangaroo as I know it works great with some allergic cats, but I don’t think you’ll find dry kangaroo... Unless you can mix proteins to some extent.
Or maybe he will like Catz Finefood Lamb after all? My picky eaters loved it thought they preferred the granata pet lamb&turkey option.
I noticed MACs has mono sensitivite line (I think on promo right now) so maybe you can find something among these cans?
I know Purizon dry is widely loved and accepted.
Or Rabbit; my cats loved it too. There is Mac dry rabbit food but it has piselli. If it’s not a problem, I think you can find some mono rabbit cans as well (I know Power of Nature has them but they are not in Zooplus)
MAC's Cat Adult Monoproteico Coniglio

Edited to add: Feringa menu alla carte has coniglio as the only protein

Last edited:

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was not, but to be honest I didn't like the smell of that one either :lol:
I think I have to try a couple of options. Granata has two or three kinds of monoproteic, I just saw veal, which Merlin has never eaten. But then again, no veal kibbles :sniffle:
Purizon only has mixed protein source, at least on italian zooplus.
Catz food looks promising too, but I have to find the kibbles

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today I'm gonna order some new food online, from zooplus or fruugo.
Thank you both so much!
Merlino also thanks you, with a shiny new picture (a RARE decent photo, since he hates the camera)

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday Merlin ate a lot and even quicker than usual.
Then today, he is almost fasting and he also refuses the new food with fortiflora.
I don't understand: he is even more active and cuddly than usual. His appetite seems to fluctuate on a daily basis.
I have realized that he is meowing more during the night and that he started to do some urine marking (on my bag and clothes, mostly. sigh.). We are going to neuter him as soon as possible, but I was wondering: is it a coincidence that he lost his appetite at the same time he became sexually active?