Normal Spay Incision?

Emb.1996.03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 and 1/2 year old cat was spayed 15 days ago. It didn't slow her down at all at first but the last couple weeks she's been sleeping a lot, really calm and wanting to be close to me. Also, I check her incision site regularly and it doesn't seem angry but the last couple days it's been seeping. Not very much, not wet to the touch and not colored but you can see on her belly where it is dried around the site with a light redish tinge. For the most part she's left it alone but this is my first time dealing with a spay and I'm trying to decide if this is normal or if I should take her in. Thoughts?

Attachments

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After this long i think it should look much more healed up. And there definitely should not be any seeping. I am personally thinking she may have an infection. I would try to get her to the vet as soon as i could!

do keep us updated with her! :crossfingers:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trust your gut, I would take her in. It doesn't look as healed as I would expect for the time period and a little red.

Saber_Wing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks inflamed to me. I'd take her in, to be safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emb.1996.03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took her in today and the vet said the incision looked and felt fine but her tempuratempuratemp was a little higher than he would like so we're doing antibiotics. Thank for the advice everyone!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I took her in today and the vet said the incision looked and felt fine but her tempuratempuratemp was a little higher than he would like so we're doing antibiotics. Thank for the advice everyone!
So glad you took her in and got medication, hopefully it squashes it.