Non feline friends?

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have my 2 boys, Max (7 months) and Ollie (4 months). We also have a rabbit that is 2. When we first got Max the bunny (peaches) was always allowed out to play. After Max got comfortable with being in our home we put the rabbit cage on the floor a few times, then eventually let her out. They got along well, Max was scared at first but they eventually just started to play. Max had fleas, so we got the bunny a bigger cage and kept her off the floor for a while to make sure we controlled the fleas. The cage is too big for me to lift and Peashes doesn't like to be held (we used to out the cage down and let her hop in and out on her own.). I feel bad that peaches is in a cage that isn't in the living room so she doesn't get as much attention as she once did. Max will jump on the counter, and take naps on her cage. This doesn't seem to bother Peaches at all, and Max is not aggressive towards her. Ollie isn't big enough to jump up and visit, I'm sure he can smell her she's in the same room as the litter box is. Anyway I'd like to give Peaches some exersise and attention. When someone can help me move the cage to the floor I'd like to let her out. Now that the kittens are bigger than her, and there are 2 of them, it makes me nervous. I've never fed them food that contained rabbit, but I'm worried they will gang up and try and attack her or something. What do you think?

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why don't you start by letting Peaches out under supervision.  Maybe only let one of the cats out so that Peaches isn't overwhelmed.  You can watch and see how they react.  I definitely wouldn't let them mingle without anyone to intervene at first.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No we are always around. The bunny isn't allowed in the bedrooms because she hides and is a pain to get out. So we close the doors, they would only be in the hall and livingroom. She doesn't like the tile floor of the kitchen and laundry room.