No Eating And Drinking

Pija Giandra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, uhmmm...

So my cat, she's once pooping a gray colored poop and vomiting fur. after that she refuses to eat and drink. she also just curling in the corner all day long. she doesn't have fever. she doesn't purr. the gray poop only happen once, but the vomit keep happening until now (around 3 days)

Can somebody tell me what's heppening to her? vets in my hometown are unreliable, that's why I asked here

thank you

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, is your cat allowed outdoors?
Is it possible that she ate something when was outside?
In this situation you need to trust someone and this someone is the vet.
The continuois vomiting is dehydrating your cat that is at risk of life unless you can't give her a massive hydration.
Not eating can lead her to fat liver disease from which she could never recover.
Of course the cause of this vomiting has to be found.
So my advice is RUN to a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pija Giandra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no, she's an indoor cat

is there really nothing I can do at all? well, time to grab her to the vet then

thank you so much, sir

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pija Giandra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so I was going to put her in the cage and bring to the vet when my father came and like, "are you going to get her to the vet? don't do it. it's not that serious." and I was like,"dad, she's not eating and drinking" and we had an argument like 15 minutes and I lost (obviously).

so, that the story why I didn't go to the vet to get her checked.

and good news, my mom said she's started to eat and drink, less vomiting, started to walking around the house again, but her poop is kind of mixed between solid poop and liquid. the color is light brown.

I'm sorry for my chaotic English, it's not my native language

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's not good, I mean, your parents not wanting to have your cat checked by a vet.
Vomits and/or liquid poops are still dehydrating your kitty, so you have to restore the fluid levels in her body and this can be done with subcutaneous injections of fluids (like saline solution or, better, Ringer's Lactated) according the vet instructions.
You might also need to be shown how to administer these fluids, unless you have done this before in your life or have seen someone who had done it.
Depending on the laws of your country, fluids, syringes, needles, could also be prescribed by your vet. Over here in Italy they are off-the-counter and rather inexpensive items.
Restoring fluids is important!
Also, vomiting and diarrhea can debilitate your cat because she can't absorb nutrients, so you should feed her high energetic wet food.

English isn't my native language either, do not worry :)

burningbright

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This could be a sign of imminent kidney failure, so go against your dad (who doesn't sound like a cat lover) and take pussy to the vet.

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there,
I agree with all of the other members!
That cat needs to be seen by a vet ASAP!
If not she will die!
She will die of starvation, dehydration and kidney failure!
I know... that sounds horrible right? Well, you need to get her to the vet ASAP as she sounds to be VERY, VERY, VERY ILL!
My cat was poisoned a while ago and passed away ( :-( ) ... she stopped eating, drinking and moving around... she was in so much pain! She is happy now in heaven :-)
The only reason i am telling you is because i too didn't know what was wrong with her until i took her to the vet, which was ASAP! But, because she was poisoned it spread and she passed away :-(
She is obviously not eating due to a problem and needs to be seen ASAP!
Please get her to a VET!

Keep us updated! :-)