Nfc? Mix? Can't Tell...

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can see the Neva Masquerade comparison but from what I gather they are basically a pointed Siberian. With the absence of blue eyes and having typical gold eyes of Siberians, the head being solid color and running down the back through the tail is this what would be considered a pointed cat? Just for comparisons sake I done some searches on Siberian , MC and NFC High Silver Black Smokes and came up with these pics. I didn't find anything like this under Neva Masquerade. Not to be argumentative so feedback is welcome.
th.jpgki.jpg th0P19ZCE6.jpg thA55DCZFX.jpg

afeinberg afeinberg Yeah, I'll definitely let you know my experience with the testing. I checked the mailbox today and still haven't got it. It's coming from Cali I think and that usually take 5 days and with the holidays maybe twice that. Hopefully in the next couple days. It may take a while to get the results. I'll post a thread to with results and the experience.

mightyboosh mightyboosh I fear the Royal Navy may need to take an inventory of their stock! Should be a nice voyage on the way over to steal...I mean, look after afeinburg's kitty cat though!:yess:

@basscat It looks like Gibbs is saying " I caught a fish and it was thiiiiis big! " In your profile pic!:lol:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat. At 18 lbs its likely to be one of the giant breeds.

Please let us know what the results are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

afeinberg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can see the Neva Masquerade comparison but from what I gather they are basically a pointed Siberian. With the absence of blue eyes and having typical gold eyes of Siberians, the head being solid color and running down the back through the tail is this what would be considered a pointed cat? Just for comparisons sake I done some searches on Siberian , MC and NFC High Silver Black Smokes and came up with these pics. I didn't find anything like this under Neva Masquerade. Not to be argumentative so feedback is welcome.
View attachment 210024 View attachment 210025 View attachment 210026

afeinberg afeinberg Yeah, I'll definitely let you know my experience with the testing. I checked the mailbox today and still haven't got it. It's coming from Cali I think and that usually take 5 days and with the holidays maybe twice that. Hopefully in the next couple days. It may take a while to get the results. I'll post a thread to with results and the experience.

mightyboosh mightyboosh I fear the Royal Navy may need to take an inventory of their stock! Should be a nice voyage on the way over to steal...I mean, look after afeinburg's kitty cat though!:yess:

@basscat It looks like Gibbs is saying " I caught a fish and it was thiiiiis big! " In your profile pic!:lol:
Look at those comparison photos it looks like Cricket would err on the side of a Siberian. Next paycheck I'm about 90% sure I'll be getting a kit. I hope your's comes in soon... really exciting.

I'll have to warn Cricket that a few folks might try to steal him and to be on the look out :)

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll have to warn Cricket that a few folks might try to steal him and to be on the look out :)
Seriously, the chance of a woman arriving there, pretending to be a valkyria and claiming Cricket as a mighty warrior whose time has come to go to Vallhalla is really unlikely.:angel3:

If It happened, though, you would obviously have to give It to me her, of course, for his own sake.:insertevillaugh:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a siberian. his coat isn't like that at all. sweet face like a siberian.. but I'm seeing more maine coon. my maine coon does have a coat more like that. my siberian is also pretty tiny. he's only 10 pounds. (he is purebred) my maine coon female is 14 pounds and it seems like males can be all over the place in size. 17 18 pounds seems like an average weight. imo he could be part norwegian too. If I were you I'd get the test done. purrington post has a special going thru the end of the year for basepaws for 65 bucks