Newlyweds and up what did you do with your wedding dress???

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine wasn't a traditional dress. It was a brown linen shift that was very pretty.

To be honest, I have no idea what happened to it.

Oh, it would fall off of me if I tried to wear it now. I'm 50 pounds lighter.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This threat reminded me, one thing I'd love to do is have some pictures of just the gown done before I preserve it. Like some nice close ups of the different details of the dress. It had a scalloped hemline at the bottom on the sheer top layer that had all this embroidery in gold and ivory (dress was ivory) with pearls and what not. It was very pretty but only so much showed up in my wedding pics. And cameras have come a long way in the last few years. Besides that, we had a good photographer, but definitely one on the cheaper side, so I didn't get artistic shots like I've seen others do for my friends weddings. One of my only regrets!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment it's in the garmet bag in my guest bedroom closet. When I get some extra money I want to have it professionally presserved

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been married, so I don't have a wedding dress, but when I was 16 I did buy one in anticipation of one day getting married
Talk about future planning!

Years later I did get engaged and planned on wearing it. But I ended up breaking it off. However, even though I bought the dress with no one in mind, since I planned on wearing it to marry that guy, it became "tainted." Besides, as nice as the dress was, I decided that when I did eventually get married that I wanted something more understated because I hate being the centre of attention and didn't want a large wedding. I sold it back in 2000 for a nice tidy sum. More than what I actually paid for it in fact.

My Mom had kept her wedding dress. Not sure if she intended for me to one day wear it, but she was so petite (5 feet tall with less than a 19" waist) that I"d never had been able to fit it as an adult. She dressed me up in it one year when I was in grade 2 or 3 for Halloween. Unfortunately a dog liked the dragging train and decided to have a tug of war with it and it ended up shredded.

Two of my friends who got married kept their dress to pass along to their daughters.

One friend of mine was in such a nightmare marriage that she burned her dress once the divorce was final!
I don't blame her, he really was a tool!

And then there was the guy who decided to sell his ex wife's wedding dress on ebay!

http://www.nomarriage.com/ebay_wedding_dress.html

http://www.snopes.com/love/revenge/weddress.asp

In my opinion, each bride should be allowed to pick their own wedding dress and not expected to wear their Mother's unless they want to. If it's kept to be passed down, it should be presented as only an option.

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got married in June 08, my dress is stil hanging the spare room, its purple, and totally unique, I am going to be doing a TTD with mine, hopefuly something simuliar to this::