New To Raw, Need Help!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can feed the same protein for the whole bag. A lot of people make huge batches of the same mix that last for months. Some people never change their recipe. Personally, I like to make small batches, and rotate every time...about every 8-10 days.

If you figure that a lot of cat owners feed their cats Purina Cat Chow for the cat's whole life, you're doing much better than that even if you feed the same raw mix over and over. As long as it's balanced and your cats don't get bored, you're ok. Rotation is better and I think healthier, but it isn't mandatory.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SinisterKisses

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay good to know, thank you. We will definitely be rotating through, Chance in particular gets fussy if he has to eat the same thing for too long lol. In the past we always used the same base kibble on a day to day basis, but made sure to always buy different canned foods (they received both) to keep things interesting for them.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I solve the rotation problem by making a month's worth of food at one time - five pounds each of 3-4 different proteins. I portion the food into 10 oz containers. Then, I feed one 10 oz container to my two cats each day - rabbit one day, chicken the next, turkey the day after, etc. It keeps them from getting bored.