New Rescue Cat Pooping On Carpet! Not Bonding Well!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"She actually made it in a few times! But she doesn’t cover it and she barely hangs over it. I think she covered up her pee a bit today, but that it."

That is great news!!! You and she are making real progress. That she covered the pee is also a good sign. Pee today, poop tomorrow.

How deep is the litter box? You need 3-4 inches of litter for the large size cats and for those who enjoy digging. And you need to clean it out at least once a day. Since she's having trouble with it, clean it out twice a day to make it more pleasant.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tbl2326

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat age 3- 10 years sleep 13 - 16 hours a day. Everything else is the same, she's still the smallest being in the house, she is still adjusting to losing her home and people, despite you being a good person in her mind she just lost her home and family. And her stomach issues are the same, except that she can get in and out of the box okay.
Yeah, though that what I’m confused about. Her tail was high as she stroll up to my mom, my sister bf and my nephew and she rubbed up on them and even sat down and watched tv. She was chilling in the hallway yesterday and even today, and walked around. She claws a bit at the doorways and rubs on them. She is eating a lot I noticed, at least compared to whar her foster said. Her foster said she didn’t eat much.

She rubs on me or anyone who lets her repeatedly.

Tbl2326

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
"She actuall mad it in a few times! But she doesn’t cover it and she barely hangs over it. I think she covered up her pee a bit today, but that it."

That is great news!!! You and she are making real progress. That she covered the pee is also a good sign. Pee today, poop tomorrow.

How deep is the litter box? You need 3-4 inches of litter for the large size cats and for those who enjoy digging. And you need to clean it out at least once a day. Since she's having trouble with it, clean it out twice a day to make it more pleasant.
I leave them in their a bit before cleaning them out. I cover her poo when she goes in it, and any poo she did on he floor i put in the litter box befor cleaning it out. I do it twice a day. In the morning or if there is something in there and at night.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is marking you all with her scent. That means she considers you her family. She is happy with you all. This is a good thing. Things are looking good for you guys.

Tbl2326

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately all this leaves me with a very passive feeling towards her though. I don’t mind taking care of her, but my heart isn’t in it. I don’t dislike or like her. She has her cute moments but that’s it for me. :/

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long does it take you to warm up to people?

Some people engage instantly, others take a week, others a month or more.

It's easier for some to engage with dogs because they tend to be frantic and in your face. Cats are calmer more like being with an adult than a child. This doesn't mean the cat won't bond as tightly as a dog. It's sort of this dogs like to get inside your aura, cats like to sit outside your aura.

How do your mom, sister, bf, and nephew feel about her? Have you told them you're thinking of taking her back? Have they offered to help if you don't? Or did they offer to drive?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thinking now might not be the time for you with this kitty, but as mentioned before, if you're going to give her back to the foster, sooner is more fair to everyone including this cat.

I had to return a cat one time to the shelter. She was a truly beautiful calico, and had a remarkable personality. Unfortunately, she and I bonded in this case, but she and other family members weren't clicking.

However, it turned out much better for her that we did return her and the cat we did eventually find, as a win win all around, is the gorgeous black fellow in my avatar :)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom is completely right. It isn't as though you are going to be leaving her in the woods or at a kill shelter. If you're taking her back, do it. Let her consider this a little vacation, not another home she lost. She still remembers and loves her foster and the other animals there. She will be relieved to re-turn to them.

Tbl2326

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long does it take you to warm up to people?

Some people engage instantly, others take a week, others a month or more.

It's easier for some to engage with dogs because they tend to be frantic and in your face. Cats are calmer more like being with an adult than a child. This doesn't mean the cat won't bond as tightly as a dog. It's sort of this dogs like to get inside your aura, cats like to sit outside your aura.

How do your mom, sister, bf, and nephew feel about her? Have you told them you're thinking of taking her back? Have they offered to help if you don't? Or did they offer to drive?
My family doesn’t care. My mom thinks she is kind of cute, but that is it. And it does take me a while to bond with people, and make new friends. I like being alone but I don’t mind being around other people either? I’m just a neutral and passive person in general.

I think I will take her back in the end. I don’t think it’s fair at all for Kiki to be in a house were she isn’t loved and adored on. Plus, after this week my hours get crazy for the holidays.

I’m now scared to get another cat though. I think I would have to visit them much longer before I commit to adopt them. Idealy, I want a cat that can chill in the living room area and maybe the kitchen or the kids room to go to sleep, and if they are super good my room when I’m with them.

I won’t be getting one anytime soon though.

Tbl2326

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm thinking now might not be the time for you with this kitty, but as mentioned before, if you're going to give her back to the foster, sooner is more fair to everyone including this cat.

I had to return a cat one time to the shelter. She was a truly beautiful calico, and had a remarkable personality. Unfortunately, she and I bonded in this case, but she and other family members weren't clicking.

However, it turned out much better for her that we did return her and the cat we did eventually find, as a win win all around, is the gorgeous black fellow in my avatar :)
Thats good to hear! It gives me some hope that i might, eventually, find the right cat for me. :)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you will find the right cat, when the time is right. I can certainly see why you rushed to take this little girl. I'm happy for her that you are putting her first. The future holds many things, a lot of them are good. It's all a matter of timing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate that you weren't able to bond with this little girl, but get her back before her heart is broken from the change. She WILL find the right fit for her, and later on, exactly the right cat will be there for you. As much as we don't like to think about it, this can and does happen.

Tbl2326

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all of your help! I have contacted her foster and plan to return her to her foster this Saturday.

In the mean time I plan to keep taking care of Kiki until than.

I’m starting to think Kiki is perfect to be someone fur baby, but what I was looking for was a fur roomate or friend? Anyway I am a little more hopeful that a cat might still be in my future.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think that it will happen, as it did with my kitty that I have now, circumstances, and as mentioned, --timing-- will come together for you.
Thank you so much for the update, and we'll be thinking of you :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wishing all good things to Kiki and to YOU, as well. Don't be a stranger, though. Stick around, learn, participate, cheer others on (or cry with them). We'll hope to see a new introduction in the future.