New Obsession With Feet

Katykan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. I have an adopted 6 month kitten that's been with us for a little over 2 months. She's a frisky, but lovely cat who loves to nibble on limbs. She was doing much better with hands, and has even learned to bite lightly when she wants to love-bite.

But now, she is after me and my roommate's feet! The first thing she does in the morning is bite my ankles or my feet. She does it to guests, and does it while we are cooking in the kitchen too. They are not painful bites; they never break the skin. But it's driving us mad! The same methods I used to get her to stop biting hands is not working (a consistent HEY NO and a snap). Any methods to make feet unappealing? Anything I can spray my feet with that won't hurt her?

P.S. Here's the wild girl, Miso, enjoying a shopping bag. Believe it or not, she can be a very cuddly kitten. :lol:

Much thanks :)

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How To Deal With Cat "love Bites"?

Have some of her toys lying around so that at any time you want her to stop doing it, say ‘NO’ in a firm voice and use the toy to distract her and then walk away.

If it’s just plain love bites, them let it be else if you sense it’s play aggression, then you have to be one step ahead of her before she does it. But never ever punish your cat 5 Reasons To Never Spray Water On Your Cat

Miso is a cute gal :happycat: :lovecat4: