New, need help please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've got 2 sofar! One dark, and the other looks like it's doing to be a light red tabby! Gotta go back in now! bbiab!

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, I'm sorry about the little one. Did you rub him vigorously with a towel and dip him in a bowl of warm water just to see if he's alive but may be unconscious?

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup. I tried the swinging technique too. His tongue is pale white. He didn't move at all. That sucks

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol..I will later. We just had #5. Looks like a tortie or a black and white. It is alive and healthy.

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol..we're still at 5, but I can feel atleast one more in there. They are so tiny, So I'm not surprised there's atleast 6...Cleo was HUGE! These kitts are about 3/4 the size of the ones my cat had a few years ago..They're sooooo small! So, I guess she wasn't overdue afterall..lol

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can find a set of scales that measures in parts of ounces or grams, you can always weight them to see if they're of normal weight.

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks
I'm not worried though. They're all nursing and active. Poor Cleo's so pooped she can't even meow...lol. We're still only at 5, but I can still feel atleast one more..and that's only on the one side..lol. I don't want to miss it though, because I have had to take the sacs off their faces for all the deliveries. Cleo just ignores them until I take the sac off and it starts squeeking. I'm checking on her every couple minutes now, but she's trying to sleep so I'm giving her a little space right now too.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great work Megan! What you are feeling may be just her uterus that hasn't contracted down yet, though of course, it may be another kitten. It's great that you're watching Cleo so closely as, if what you can feel is another kitten, she may have trouble delivering as she's so tired.

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a hard bump in the middle of where her uterus is...I'm sure it's another kitten
It is still pretty high, so it could be a while...lol

steph&stitch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABIES!!

Do you mind me asking, what did it look like when she lost her plug? What color is it supposed to be?

Thank you,

Steph & Stitch

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At first it was a big glop of clear stuff running out, and following that was a thick cloudy greenish tinged goop. Kinda gross..rofl

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I am soooo excited and happy for you! What a battle these last few days have been for your patience! Woo hoo, she did it! I am so glad for you all.
All sorts of babies, that's so cool. Good luck with the remaining lump...no doubt she's totally exhausted! Hard enough having just one, can you imagine FIVE???!