New Kitten Is Too Loving?

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, just wanted to mention... while looking at the 2nd photo I noticed Layla’s collar. That’s not a breakaway collar, right? Maybe there is a breakaway component on the side and I cannot see it.

For cats/kittens you should get a breakaway collar or they can get caught on stuff while playing, jumping and either badly damage themselves or hang/die.

Pretty sure someone on here mentioned it happened to them or something.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimiallyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, just wanted to mention... while looking at the 2nd photo I noticed Layla’s collar. That’s not a breakaway collar, right? Maybe there is a breakaway component on the side and I cannot see it.

For cats/kittens you should get a breakaway collar or they can get caught on stuff while playing, jumping and either badly damage themselves or hang/die.

Pretty sure someone on here mentioned it happened to them or something.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
No. It isn’t. Very good to know. Thanks!

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
No. It isn’t. Very good to know. Thanks!
No problem :)!

If you’re set on having a leather collar, there are ones that are a hybrid with a breakaway mechanism (more pricey I imagine).

I just ended up buying a cheap $5 breakaway collar at PetSmart and it’s lasted years now.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, kitty friend! I also think kittens are better in pairs (or groups, if possible, lol). So cute!

They're already fixed, right? If not, talk to your vet super quick because they're almost old enough. . .

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While we're on the topic of collars, I make mine from these headbands. being elastic, they slip on and off easily, and if it gets caught on anything, it slips right off. My cat isn't the super fussy type, so he doesnt try to pull it off or anything.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They're going to be so much happier together! I'm so glad I got mine in a pair. It's so much easier on them and on us!

@ArtNJ, not every cat pair has a great relationship, but especially if they meet when they're old, but if they're friendly (or even bonded) as kittens, that's a different story.

Mimiallyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay, kitty friend! I also think kittens are better in pairs (or groups, if possible, lol). So cute!

They're already fixed, right? If not, talk to your vet super quick because they're almost old enough. . .
They are!

Mimiallyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How did last night go? Did Layla and Lennox let you sleep?
Yes! It went really well. They pretty much stayed downstairs all night and I didn’t hear much commotion. Lennox is still pretty skittsh so he doesn’t like coming upstairs. But Layla came up to say good morning

Also, when I came down stairs they were all cuddled up sleeping. It was so cute. Thanks for your help everyone. I’m excited for this journey to raise these two lil babies

Mimiallyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh and one more quick question. So when the two of them play, Layla’s tail will get all puffy like she’s upset.

Is that normal or is she really feeling anxiety? If she is, then I can try to get Lennox to back off a lil.

After this I’ll leave everyone alone I promise lol

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
You don’t have to leave us alone at all, we are all here to help each other. Ask all the questions you want.

Yep, she is probably just really getting into playing/anxious. I would be willing to bet as she grows/gets to know Lennox she will calm down a bit.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh and one more quick question. So when the two of them play, Layla’s tail will get all puffy like she’s upset.

Is that normal or is she really feeling anxiety? If she is, then I can try to get Lennox to back off a lil.

After this I’ll leave everyone alone I promise lol
You don't have to leave us alone! That's what we're here for.

Puffiness could be anxiety, but it could also just be excitement. My kitties psych each other up and freak each other out while they're playing. It's fine!

Mimiallyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow. This is like the nicest group of people I’ve ever spoken to on a forum lol. Thanks guys.

She doesn’t seem uncomfortable around him at all. It’s just when they play. Thank you again, y’all! Kittens are a whole ‘nother world from cats.